Windows Vista irst laptop, first problm!

Riccardo

Hello there, today I bought my new sony vaio lap-top, at first the sound was ok, but shortly after, maybe after I downloaded the upgrades, a white "x" appeared on the speaker icon, telling me "no audio autput device is installed".
Can anybody help me please!? Thank you guys!!!

are the updates you downloaded a secret??
is the operating system on the sony a secret??
do you think these forums employ mind readers??

I don't kow what updates I downloaded; anyway, the oS is wndows vista home premim.
Intel Pentium dual core, Processor T2310. Thank yu very much!!

Have you tried to re-install the sound drivers? There may be an update from the sony site or at least the latest driver for your model. The support site is here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hi, its difficult to help you if without certain information: such as do you know what make the sound card is? If its a Sound Blaster try this:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
I've tried to find more info for you but as I said above without knowing more relevant information I really can't help much more. The only thing I can suggest is go through your sound options via the control panel and make sure everything is configured properly.

Hello, my laptop is a Sony VaioVGN-NR10E/S. How can I know what sound card is in there? Thank you

How can I find the informaton you need?

Hi, ok thanks that has been some help. Here is your spec sheet:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

From that you should be downloading this software:
Realtek

Obviously you want the one at the top for Vista. If I were you though, I'd first go into the 'Device Manager' and see if you have a yellow question mark where the sound should be. If you have then apply the software. If however your sound device is listed then right-click on it and check its properties, you may need to enable something like 'Digital output' but without looking first its hard to say. Good luck

Finally!!!!!

So, I didn't found any yelow mark, everything looked ok;

I tried to roll back... and now I'm listening to my mp3!!

Now I'm going t restart, hoping to won't ge in trouble again.

Thank you very much Kem.

Back