Is it True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it seems Microsoft has a heart, for those in university or college. ... They must assume a good chunk of people who are pirating in the free-world are university kids.. I don't care why they did it; all I know is I will get be getting a copy of Windows 7 Pro now for cheap.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Sliver, I am not proposing to debate, or to start a debate, whether Microsoft "has a heart" or not. The decision to sell Windows 7 to a select group for a hefty discount is not "having a heart" it is a smart business decision that will endear the purchaser to Microsoft for years to come (not obligate - but endear). If they can win your heart while you are young (aka high school and college age) they will have you as a customer for life. I also do not propose that this is "dirty dealings" in any way whatsoever. It is just a smart marketing strategy. This is just one of the points that makes me frequently observe that Microsoft has no programmers/developers to be proud of whatsoever, but they probably have the smartest and most effective marketing dept of any corporation in the world.

Last edited:
After W7 is released, would you be able to use it for 30 days as trial and re register with that cmd for another 30 days up to 2 times?
Giving a whole 90 days for trial.

If judging by Vista/Server 2008, most likely the rearm will work. Anyway, living without license is not a very good idea.

In the days before OS programs had to be activated and were easily copied I always had several friends who on learning I had bought some new program would ask me to copy it for them. Often they would offer me another pirated program in exchange. Now they resort to hacking or buying a hacked program in a pub where the Computer Club meets on a Monday to make such deals. The excuse is always the same, "Microsoft charge too much, or Make too much Money". there is always some Justification.
They will always be with us but they must use their own Hacking, Cracking and wheeler dealing forums, of which there are plenty, to get advice on their software and not expect answers from this site.

Ok i wont be posting anymore on this subject or any other on this site.

Reason being that i have got some rather offensive pm's from certain individuals, and to be honest i just cant be bothered with people like that.

So its goodbye from me, and i wish the rest of you well.

I have sent a pm to the mods to delete my details.

Ok i wont be posting anymore on this subject or any other on this site.

Reason being that i have got some rather offensive pm's from certain individuals, and to be honest i just cant be bothered with people like that.

So its goodbye from me, and i wish the rest of you well.

I have sent a pm to the mods to delete my details.

You get a few 12 year olds PM'ing you because they think it's 'cool' to pirate Windows and give you abuse. Big deal? Ignore them. I personally don't care if someone uses a pirated copy or not but I wouldn't criticise them if they did or didn't.

Stick around!

Sorry to hear your leaving over this. Some people are just jerks, just ignore them and move on. Works marginally better then run off every time you encounter one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back