Windows 7 Java version 7 update 6

Hi

My wife is getting this on her computer now.
Every day is says Java needs to update and when I tell it to go ahead it always fails.
So far no luck.

Mike

I have not had that problem yet but I usually go to the java site to update. Have had no problem doing it that way. I now have java 7 update 7.

Hi

My wife is getting this on her computer now.
Every day is says Java needs to update and when I tell it to go ahead it always fails.
So far no luck.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Check out the steps I took in posts #12 & #13 above (they may be on another page). Maybe they can help your wife. I haven't had any issues since then.

Shriba

Go to here: Download JavaRa | SingularLabs

This program will remove all traces of the old installations and allow you to update to the newest version of Java. You need to launch this program as an administrator for it to work properly. I found this info on CNET after searching for a solution to this problem for hours. This is the post I found on CNET that led to this issue being resolved for me.
Julea, Try This... - CNET Spyware, viruses, & security Forums

hey guys! i had a veeeery similiar prob with java 7 update 9, it missed that file too, i could neither uninstall the old versions nor install the new version. BUT! i found a solution! and because i seem to be far not the only one with this sort of problem, i've registered now here, to post u this link: Download msicuu2.exe kostenlos - Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
just do a leftklick at the [FileCluster US Server], so u will get the programm "msicuu", the "MicroSoftInstallCleanUpUtility". it is highly recommended that u work with eyes wide open and read before every click what u r going to do, otherwise u might have more probs then u tried to solve! ;)
if u got it, open the prog, search in the list for all "java"-entrys, then leftklick at them, click remove, and - tadaaa, u have no more java on ur computer. this fine prog deletes EVERYTHING of the remove-chosen prog, in my case this had been about 1500 files / registry entrys / similiar stuff.
took me 2 days to find this solution. then it took me 2mins until old java was deleted and new java installed.
have fun with it! ^.^

Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility has been a proven solution. Revo Uninstaller is also a definitive application for these types of tasks. It is a great program for managing your installations and software removals.

I can't uninstall Java because again it can't find the jre1.7.0_05-c.msi file. I can't uninstall, I can't update, I'm stuck with this version and 90% of the stuff on the net that requires java doesn't work anymore cause I'm stuck with this damn version.

Ok I finally have it fixed. Thank you to whomever suggested the Reva uninstaller, that worked! And then I was able install the latest version of Java with no problems at all. And I've tested it on one of the sites I was having Java issues and it all works great. Oh I am so happy! You guys are the best!

Back
Top Bottom