Windows 10 KB 3046049 seems to kill Intel I217-V Network Adapter

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
My Ethernet adapter (I217-V) was working fine before this update. As soon as the update was done, it shows as Unidentified Network. Setting IPv4 to a specific IP address does not seem to help and network still shows as unidentified. Rebooting the Router and/or the computer does not seem to help.

Tried updating the drivers, but they show as the latest. This adapter was one which was not being recognized by the earlier Windows 10 builds.

The trouble shooter seems to say some network protocol in missing but cannot fix it.

My WiFi adapter works fine still.

Not sure what else to try.. looks like the DHCP client is running in services...

I will try to rollback the update later if no one has any suggestions.

I can't load any of todays updates and I am running 9926. Also, it unkindly removed the rollback option; so what's next?

For my situation, I booted into an 8.1 install after shutting down and changing the HDD connections . When I booted back into Windows 10, after changing the connections back to that hard drive, the adapter was working again.

Since I had rebooted the Windows 10 system, not a cold boot, possibly a cold boot would help. If it isn't that, the only other thing I could think of was the 8.1 install reset something on the system.

If you can't install any updates and you network connection is working, have the system check for updates. In many cases that will help.

So far I have only gotten 2 updates to install. They end with last two of each being 59 and 21. 3039066 and 3036140 will not install. I have a feeling it may be processor related.

I got the 3036140 back on Feb 5th and 3039066 showed up on March 3rd. They are both Technical Preview updates with the first one being a basic update and the second one looks like a Security update.

The next update after 6140 appears to be 3038357 (2/15), if we all get those same updates... It seems I remember one update being withdrawn, but I don't remember which one. Beyond that, I have many updates for Defender, some for C++, IE Flash Player and a couple of Driver updates...

You might try hiding them for testing, if there is a way to do that. There should be a new build coming out in the next week, maybe that will take care of the problem. It was suggested if you don't want to upgrade right away to move your update description to SLOW and you have to be signed into a Microsoft account to make that change.

Back