Windows 10 Keep laptop screen on when lid is closed why won't it work anymore ?

ttim03

I did select the options to do this but they don't seem to work anymore :( Anyone else having problems ? Thanks. Any fix ?

Reason I want this is because I remote connect to this laptop sometimes and don't want to keep the laptop open all the time. Thanks. Without the screen open remote connect won't work. It use to work fine before a windows update it seems.

Hello,

It should still work. If the settings are still there (which they are, I just checked), then it should still be working.

Perhaps try giving your computer a reset/choose to still keep your data and see if that helps.

Well I am 99% sure it happen after a Windows Update I am just not sure which one :(

That's certainly possible.

You might want to try rolling back to a previous version and see how it goes then. You can do that by heading to Start menu > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to previous version.

That's certainly possible.

You might want to try rolling back to a previous version and see how it goes then. You can do that by heading to Start menu > Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Go back to previous version.

Yep doing it now with a image instead.

My apologies.

I thought you had said you had selected the settings for it already.

Turning the settings on will definitely help. :up:

omg it only worked temporality now my laptop screen is staying black again like it is off.

God dawn it. :(

Weird when I right click it stops responding over my remote control app and the laptop screen stays black/off until I keep pressing the power button. Then it is fixed.

Have you checked your screen turn off settings? By default your screen turning off has its own power settings.

Settings > System > Power and Sleep > Screen.

Hmm it only happens when I right click on the desktop wallpaper anywhere else and it doesn't!

That is manageable.

Back
Top Bottom