Windows 7 Keeping the laptop on (lid closed), connected to 32" TV.

Unacknowledged

First of all, I apologize if this goes into wrong area or doesn't fit this forum at all.

So, I have a laptop (Acer Aspire 5742G) it's keyboard is broken, I have wireless mouse and keyboard in use at the moment.

But I would like to use my laptop (connected to 32" TV via HDMI) with the lid closed if possible.
I mean lid closed and the screen would show up on the TV so it would be nicer to use (from a longer distance)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

By default, closing the lid will either put the system into sleep mode or switch it off. By going to control panel, power options, choose closing what the lid does and set the pull down option list to nothing. I would take care to monitor the laptop the first few times you do this as it could cause an overheating problem.

By default, closing the lid will either put the system into sleep mode or switch it off. By going to control panel, power options, choose closing what the lid does and set the pull down option list to nothing. I would take care to monitor the laptop the first few times you do this as it could cause an overheating problem.

Oh, found it and works as should.

Bought CoolerMaster Notepal X2 few months ago, stopped the overheating problems which I had.

A big thanks for you patcooke! :)

Back