Windows 7 Keyboard and mouse problem at BEGINNING of installation

Excellent, good job to both Cybercore and TorrentG and especially to deezel for having the courage and perseverance to hang in there and trust the excellent help you received from these guys to ultimately resolve the issue. Truly what this forum is all about. Sorry to here about the lost files. I hope that it doesn't set you back too much.

Excellent, good job to both Cybercore and TorrentG and especially to deezel for having the courage and perseverance to hang in there and trust the excellent help you received from these guys to ultimately resolve the issue. Truly what this forum is all about. Sorry to here about the lost files. I hope that it doesn't set you back too much.

I have to completly agree here - grade A troubleshooting from you both :)
deezel, thanks for using the Windows 7 Forums, we all hope to see you around :D

I cant believe this! I got the same process happening again today. The issue turned out to be an actual system lockdown, not a keyboard and mouse detection problem. I seriously don't think i can do a low level format this time around. Need some brainstorming here guys about other possible causes/solutions:

I don't understand, I got a pc and a laptop, I use them equally (pc is mostly for heavy duty stuff and gaming), they have same measures of protection, I go to the same websites on both...everything really.

If this is a malware, chances of me getting it twice in the same time period is slim, I have registry monitoring and anti malware software installed.

One thing I noticed however is that in BOTH times, I did something related to the hard drive maintenance before I shut it down. With windows vista all I did was a system defrag and with windows 7 it was a disk check using HD pro to make sure that all the sectors in the hard drive are fine (they are). I also found this certain error which I am not sure of; something related to CRC error and it told me it might had something to do with a faulty cable.

So any idea if this was a malware doing or simply a hard drive issue? and if it is a malware does anyone here have a clue as to what it may be? I am trying to google the issue but so far nothing is useful.

Appreciate the help guys

Back
Top Bottom