Windows 7 Keyboard disconnects randomly

Dominykas

Hey guys and here is my problem. About a year my computer and all devices were working just fine, but one beautiful day suddenly my keyboards stopped working, it disconnected somehow and I heard a sound when a device is plugged out, but my keyboards was plugged in, but I re-plugged my keyboard and it worked fine till the end of that day. Next day my keyboard started doing that again many times, disconnecting and connecting again, and almost all the time. And then I had enough of this. I started posting in forums to find a solution, but nothing helped me. I installed many drivers, chipset, keyboard, USB and others, I reinstalled windows with hope that could help me, but it didn't. Then I thought that I need a new keyboard and my old one is broken. When I bought it, first day it worked without any problems, but second day the new one disconnected too and I heard that sound again. I haven't known what to do. And one day, when I turned on my pc, my keyboard AND MOUSE disconnected both, and I was very confused about this. But anyway, how my mouse can work without any problems and how my keyboard can't? It's even new, so what the ****? I don't know what to do now and I have no clue about that. Please, guys, help me with this. :"(

How old is your computer? A new CMOS battery might solve it. And please, give info about your computer.

That motherboard has a number of alternatives for ports, some direct on the motherboard, others connected via a cable to a header. Do you have the same problem with the keyboard on all of those ports?

yes, i have. one more thing. when i connect my keyboard to usb 2.0, message come out that says usb device not recognized. when i connect it to usb 3.0, all drivers installed succesfully and its working, but. when i wrote that it stops working, it doesn't really do that. green light is on always and i have to push button hard and hold it to write something. i gave my keyboard to friend to test it and it was the same. and few more things tha might help finding solution. when i connected friend's PSP to my pc to usb 2.0, message came out again "usb device not recognized", but when i plugged it in usb 3.0 port, drivers installed succesfully and it worked. and then when i connected friend's HDD to usb 2.0, it worked and no neede to connect through usb 3.0. and one more, very strange thing. now while im writing, i cant write with both hands, i have to write with one hand, its very strange, because when i hold my hand near my mouse, i can write with other hand with keyboard, but when i don't hold my hand near mouse or on it and when i try to write with both hands, keyboard doesn't write at all on computer. this is really strange...

All of that doesn't make much sense to me, except to bring to mind when recently when I had a problem with a device being recognized in one USB slot and not in the one right beside it on the same cable, I took Josephur's suggestion, and uninstalled the device in the Device Manager and then had it scan for new devices, and after that there was no more problem. Wouldn't hurt to try the same.

EDIT: Your mention of hand position in relationship with the mouse, effecting the keyboard suggests some kind of RF interference. Is the mouse and keyboard wired or wireless? You speak of moving the keyboard around slot options, but not the mouse. If wireless, try different positions for the receiver, whether wired or wireless, try putting the mouse in USB 3 and the keyboard in USB 2.

Last edited:
Both keyboard and mouse are wired. And believe me, I tried everything in device manager and nothing helped me. Ok, like I said, my keyboard works only on usb 3.0, but not all the time here either. Now my mouse is plugged in usb 2.0, it was pluuged in usb 3.0 too and in both ways it was the same. Like I said, my keyboard works only on usb 3.0. When it's plugged in usb 2.0, I always get a message which says "USB device not recognized" and windows can't install drivers in all ways I tried. When my keyboard connected to usb 3.0, it works, but I don't get one thing. When it stops working or something like that, when I can't write anything, green light on it is always on whatever happens. It's fu***** magical.

Switch around the USB ports between the mouse and the keyboard. If the mouse disconnects like the keyboard, then it's your USB port (or the PC) who's having an issue. But if the keyboard is still having problem even though it is on a different USB port, then it's time to get a new keyboard.

I think he said that he tried it with a different keyboard and had the same problem. I don't understand how a wired mouse and keyboard could interfere with each other in the manner he said, but if replacing the keyboard didn't help, I would try a different mouse and cross my fingers.

Yes I tried different ports. I haven't tried to plug in other keyboard, not the same as now, and I haven't tried other mouse too, I think I'll try this option as well.

Yes I tried different ports. I haven't tried to plug in other keyboard, not the same as now, and I haven't tried other mouse too, I think I'll try this option as well.
So, it's the keyboard then. Wired keyboards are cheap anyway. It won't harm you in any way if you get a new one.

I don't know if mentioned that, but, this problem appeard to my old kayboard first, then I bought a new one and everything is the same, but one thing you might know is that both keyboards are the same. I gave the older one to my frend to test and it was the same as on my pc with that keyboard.

If your computer is 1 year old, you should have warranty - why not use it?

The thing is, that I don't even know what makes my keyboard do that, my pc or even God... It's really strange, it happens even more times now when I have to move mouse or at least hold my hand on it to make my keyboard do something when I write with other hand, and if I don't do that, keyboard doesn't do anything... But it happens when my keyboard starts doing shit again... Sometimes it works just fine, like now while I'm writing this reply...

Don't want to be rude, but why do you need to know why it happens? It's most probably, in my opinion, something related with motherboard or connections. Most important would be to just simply get it all working, and since you seem to have warranty, take the whole thing to service. Changing mice and keyboards... wanna spend the rest of your life trying that? Something fundamental is wrong. It could be something as simple as an update somewhere along the line, but not having the computer physically present makes all help more or less a guesswork. A professional with equipment and experience could solve the problem quickly.

As a footnote: why is it so difficult for people to drag their gadgets to service? What might be the cause for "I have to do this"?

To alter my first words a bit, No offense here.

Well, I need to know why this happens because maybe I could fix it myself, because I don't really often deal with thing like you suggested me right now. As soon as possible I will buy new mb anyway.

Back