Windows 8 Keyboard not functioning in browsers

tej

1. Keys do not work in Any of the Internet Browsers. Even the on-screen keyboard does not help.
2. Every time I double click a file, A pop-up "Do you want xyz to make changes to the computer ?" is welcoming me!
3, I click on any of the icons in the task-bar and a new window is opening. For example, If I click on the firefox icon pinned at the bottom, Every instance I click it, a new window is opening
4. I am not able to open a folder by double click. I can only open it by right click and then Open
5. None of the keys and keyboard shorcuts seem to work. But that is not the problem with keyboard because, I am able to type words in Wordpad and Notepad
I formatted my Windows 8 twice and still these problems are there.
Even if I restart it, things work fine for 5 min and then the problem would be back.

Can you please suggest me a solution / fix for this ? Please, that would be of great help. This is eating up the whole of my time.

Hi
I am using Dell Inspiron 15R N 5010
500 GB HD
3 GB Ram
Windows 8.1 installed very recently . It worked fine for 3 days and this problem started
Right now, I am not using any security scans.
Installed trial version of kaspersky yesterday, but that did not help. Formatted and the system is very new now

Hi kemical
I have run the test and my system is compatible
Defender is turned on and that is of little use
I think the issue is similar to Control or Shift keys being pressed automatically
CAN You suggest me a solution

Before we can give a solution we really need to find out what's causing the issues.

It does sound odd your machine suddenly having these issues after 3 days of working perfectly.. Can you remember if you added anything new either hardware or software? Perhaps something plugged into the USB ports?

When you installed Windows 8.1 did you update the drivers and Bios (if an update was available)? If not try updating them now:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...oductName=Inspiron%2015%20Intel%20%28N5010%29

I tried it Kemical
All drivers are uptodate
I did a fresh formatting today morning. Even after formatting all the hard disks and installing windows 8.1, the error seems to persist

Back