Windows 7 keyboard shortcut for increasing volume (not in media player)

clair

hi

I've searched everywhere, including the help in windows 7 (when you click F1).
I need a keyboard shortcut for increasing and decreasing volume, and I don't mean when playing a video or something, I mean the "general" one.

thanks

What type of keyboard are you using (PC or Laptop)? Many have that built in.

Sorry, I really do not understand your response.

If you have a multimedia keyboard, there is already a key for volume control, you may just need to install the keyboard drivers to make them effective.

Sorry, I really do not understand your response.

If you have a multimedia keyboard, there is already a key for volume control, you may just need to install the keyboard drivers to make them effective.

I said I have a none multimedia one. it NOT a multimedia one, it's a regular one

Hello Clair,

Windows Vista and Windows 7 do allow users to create keyboard shortcuts, unfortunately, not for volume control.

You actually have 3 choices;

1. Purchase a Multimedia Keyboard with built-in Volume Control buttons, usually around $20.
2. Download and install 3RVX, which is a skinnable freeware volume control application. Just Google 3RVX.
3. This one I have not tried, but it's a script someone came up with to use your Page Up/Down keys to control volume globally. If you decide to go this route, do so at your own risk and create a Restore Point and/or Back-Up your System.
The script with instructions can be found here: keyboard shortcuts - How to control master volume in Windows 7? - Super User

Hope this helps;

Don

Back
Top Bottom