Windows 7 Language bar not showing up..

npr03145

I cant use my native language anymore!! :(
I go into the language settings, keyboards, and check the box that says display on desktop.. apply and then ok.. nothing pops up!! :(

please.. HELP ME!!

Last edited:
I cant use my native language anymore!! :(
I go into the language settings, keyboards, and check the box that says display on desktop.. apply and then ok.. nothing pops up!! :(

Did you check the Notification area [System Tray]? I read the above post from you as: you had gone through Control Panel (Category view) ==> Clock, Language, and Region ==> Region and Language> and clicked Keyboard and Language tab==> Change keyboards.. button ==> Add...button and added your Language and chose appropriate options in the Language bar tab and Advanced key settings tab if so, you should see as listed below

• If you have installed the English version of Win 7 7100 RC you should see the default EN on the Taskbar close to Notification area.
  • If you click on EN a small popup shows up where at its bottom you can click on Show the language bar
  • And the Language bar will appear on the Desktop
See attached images

Last edited:
the EN thing doesnt appear.. can you teamview me? (remote support..)

How about if I walk you through step by step so that it will help not only you but others reading this thread too. More over others in the Forum can add their comments and support if I make any errors:). So everyone can benefit. Is that OK? It can be a very simple series of Q & A , mostly Yes/No type of answers.

• Do you have Win 7-7100 RC ENGLISH version installed in this PC?
    • Is that a different Language version of Windows 7 7100RC ?
  • Is it Win 7 Beta Build?
  • Have you been able to choose your Language and Add... by navigating through Control Panel======> Change Keyboards...=>Text Services and Input Languages dialog box's General tab?
    • Did you see the Default language English [EN]there?
  • Did you click the Language Bar tab in Text Services and Input Languages dialog box?
    • Did you choose first or second radio button (0) as to how you wanted Language bar displayed? 3rd radio button is to hide .
      • (o) Floating On Desktop
      • (o) Docked in taskbar
      • (o) Hidden
    • In the bottom section did you check/tick the box [ ] Show text labels in the language bar
  • In the Advanced Key Settings tab,did you make your choice on Hotkeys
  • Did you click Apply>OK buttons of Text Services and Input Languages dialog box at the end of all entries?
  • If so, you should see the previously described changes in the Notification area
Hope this helps you to do it yourself.
If problem is encountered please post exact problem in a few words.
Thank you.

Looks good cmn,

You don't want to take control over his computer HAHAHA:eek:

I wouldn't allow ANYONE to have control on my computer.:eek:NO

• Do you have Win 7-7100 RC ENGLISH version installed in this PC? YES
  • Is it Win 7 Beta Build? ITS RC1
  • Have you been able to choose your Language and Add... by navigating through Control Panel======> Change Keyboards...=>Text Services and Input Languages dialog box's General tab? YES
    • Did you see the Default language English [EN]there? NO
  • Did you click the Language Bar tab in Text Services and Input Languages dialog box? YES
    • Did you choose first or second radio button (0) as to how you wanted Language bar displayed? 3rd radio button is to hide .
      • (o) Floating On Desktop << THIS ONE
      • (o) Docked in taskbar
      • (o) Hidden
    • In the bottom section did you check/tick the box [ ] Show text labels in the language bar
  • In the Advanced Key Settings tab,did you make your choice on Hotkeys I DONT KNOW HOW??
  • Did you click Apply>OK buttons of Text Services and Input Languages dialog box at the end of all entries? YES
  • If so, you should see the previously described changes in the Notification area

Looks good cmn,

My grandaughter controls my computer sometimes . End up with loads of links to Hanna Montana :rolleyes:Link Removed due to 404 Error

Looks good cmn,

Thank you reghakr:)
I do that all the time for people who know me well and I know personally or those referred to me by friends/relatives but live in another city. More over this type of Forum gives me an opportunity to do a real public service to strangers and that gives a certain happiness nothing else can as there are no strings attached and also has a Multiplex effect. That is the philosophical reason behind:)

That's true, I have done that for friend sand relatives also,

But I've been asked by tech support if they could take control over my computer and my answer always is Hell NO, I don't want the junk you download to my computer left behind...I know how these things work.

That's the reason I'm here too, I have always enjoyed helping people with their computer problems;)

That's true, I have done that for friend sand relatives also,

But I've been asked by tech support if they could take control over my computer and my answer always is Hell NO, I don't want the junk you download to my computer left behind...I know how these things work.

That's the reason I'm here too, I have always enjoyed helping people with their computer problems;)

Yes it is nice to help folk out :D

• Do you have Win 7-7100 RC ENGLISH version installed in this PC? YES
  • Is it Win 7 Beta Build? ITS RC1
  • Have you been able to choose your Language and Add... by navigating through Control Panel======> Change Keyboards...=>Text Services and Input Languages dialog box's General tab? YES
    • Did you see the Default language English [EN]there? NO
  • Did you click the Language Bar tab in Text Services and Input Languages dialog box? YES
      • (o) Floating On Desktop << THIS ONE
      • (o) Docked in taskbar
      • (o) Hidden
  • In the Advanced Key Settings tab,did you make your choice on Hotkeys I DONT KNOW HOW??
  • Did you click Apply>OK buttons of Text Services and Input Languages dialog box at the end of all entries? YES
Hi npr03145,

I am wondering whether your Installed Win 7 7100 RC has corrupt files. Can you check the downloaded ISO file's MD5 hash?

These are the MD5 at Microsoft for X32 and x64

• MD5Windows 7 RC Build 7100 X32 ISO: 8867C13330F56A93944BCD46DCD73590
  • MD5 for the Windows 7 RC Build 7100 X64 ISO :98341af35655137966e382c4feaa282d
You can test MD5 by downloading and installing a freeware called DigesIT2004. You can find it here: DigestIT 2004 - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Your downloaded ISO file must match with these to be sure you got the uncorrupt download.

1. Therefore, Check MD5 using DigesIT2004 installed in your System where you have downloaded the Win7 7100 RC ISO
  2. Right click downloaded Win7 ISO file> DigestIT2004> Calculate MD5 hash and wait for the alphanumerical string to display
  3. Compare with the MD5 listed above
    • If the Numbers Don't match your download is Bad> Get a new download
    • If the numbers match Download is Good Burn is BAD
  • Use a Freeware Burning program a lot of us trust ImgBurn and Right click on the Iso image file >Burn Using ImgBurn.
  • Accept default settings and also check the [ ] Verify and wait for burn to complete successfully often with a Bugle play sound.
  • Try install again using Custom Install Option
Check the Region and Language through Control Panel as previously shown.
Sorry for the delayed response. I was away for a while.
Good luck

Last edited:
I also have problem.. please help me..

• Do you have Win 7-7100 RC ENGLISH version installed in this PC? --------------------->>> YES

• Is it Win 7 Beta Build? ------------------------->>> ITS RC1

• Have you been able to choose your Language and Add... by navigating through Control Panel======> Change Keyboards...=>Text Services and Input Languages dialog box's General tab? ------------>>>YES
    • Did you see the Default language English [EN]there? --------------------->>> NO
      • (o) Docked in taskbar -------------------------------<< THIS ONE
    • In the bottom section did you check/tick the box [ ] Show text labels in the language bar <--- YES
  • In the Advanced Key Settings tab,did you make your choice on Hotkeys <-- YES, BUT INPUT STILL IN ENGLISH INSTEAD OF CHINESE WHEN I PRESS THE HOTKEY FOR CHINESE INPUT.

But I still can't change the language input to chinese, and the language bar still not shown.. why?
NOTE: Before everything work fine, but suddenly the bar gone and cannot change the input, I did system restore and still can't be fix.

Back