Windows 7 Language Bar on the taskbar disabled (?)

Tsotne

Hello everyone

I've got Windows 7 Build 7057 installed on my PC and I cannot enable language bar on the taskbar:

jzZ1Xl3had.jpg

Everything's OK in control panel...

CcL2fRSwpr.jpg

Any Solutions? :(

Hi there

this *might" be B/S but I think build 7057 was probably only available in language EN (assuming you got it from "The Usual places").

I think you can change the Keyboard layout in control panel but if it's only English you'll have to get stuff from Windows download (which may or may not work for 7057 -- haven't tried it myself yet

enc screenshot

Hi there

this *might" be B/S but I think build 7057 was probably only available in language EN (assuming you got it from "The Usual places").

I think you can change the Keyboard layout in control panel but if it's only English you'll have to get stuff from Windows download (which may or may not work for 7057 -- haven't tried it myself yet

enc screenshot

I've installed 3 languages there:

7hCWsr4Wl5.jpg

and it's no problem to switch between languages with Alt+Shift... But I'm just interested, why isn't there a language bar? :)

P.S. What is B/S?

it's the CTFMON.exe that's missing

Click Start Menu, write CTFMON.exe, click it. Does the Language bar appear? If yes, then you need to add it to system startup:

Copy below into notepad and then "save as" call it language.reg and save desktop double click on the saved file to merge into registry Reboot to take effect:-

Code:
 Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
\"ctfmon\"=\"CTFMON.EXE\"
Windows vista ultimate - Language bar problem - Tech Support Forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom