Windows 7 Linksys WMP54GX not working with Windows 7

CubSteve

I replaced Windows XP Home with Windows 7 Ultimate on one of the desktops at home and now the Linksys PCI Adapter with SRX (model WMP54GX, version 1.0) is not detected. The device manager does not see it. I installed the driver from the original CD and still nothing. I've looked all over for a solution but have not been able to find anything. There is a thread here that referenced the WMP54G model but there is no solution offered.

Has anyone run into and solved this problem?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I have no idea what is going on over at Linksys, but my adapter doesn't work with Windows 7 64bit either.

I got a Linksys WMP54G, also tryed to run the installation program, the first part works but it won't open up after restart. Can anyone help me?

(I am sorry for the semi-necropost, but I want internet on my home computer :mad:)

I have no idea what is going on over at Linksys, but my adapter doesn't work with Windows 7 64bit either.

I got a Linksys WMP54G, also tryed to run the installation program, the first part works but it won't open up after restart. Can anyone help me?

(I am sorry for the semi-necropost, but I want internet on my home computer :mad:)

Same problems here. I have a WMP54Gv2 that won't work. I've tried installing the correct drivers, but it says the device cannot be started. I found one driver that "worked" on the intall, but the computer was moving at half speed and when I restarted, it would not start up windows. Tried it twice, and both times I've had to come back and do a startup repair and a system restore.

I have the same issue, but my card is working. W7 sees is as a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter. The drivers are native to W7. Try this

Control Panel>System>Device Manager>

Right click on network adapters and search for hardware changes. If that doesnt work for you try add it manuelly, and use one of the outdated drivers. I know when I finished my upgrade it had a windows update with new drivers in it already.

I have a 2 day old new lap, was getting connected with limited connection. ( linksys WRT54G version 6 ) :mad: went bald headed trying for solutions. Finnally threw in the towel and went remmote with Linksys support. Sat back with a cup of coffee had a great conversation with support. sorry guys, I took this way out, However :) I still have some hair to comb

Back