Windows 10 Lock screen picture

Jamie

How do I change my lock screen picture on Windows 10 Pro? I had a picture of a city scape with lighting that I liked, but Windows decided that I should have a different picture and it has changed a few times. Is there any way that I can choose my lock screen picture?

Thanks trstick1. I tried it but there are only 5 pics there and none of them are the original one I had.

The default pictures that come with WIndows should be in C:\Windows\Resources

I didn't see any on my main W10 computer (I have 8 of them); I'll keep checking further. However, on this system which uses a Windows Account Login (can access Microsoft Store & Apps) I did find several of my pictures here:
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Flowers
and here:
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows10

I found about 10 stock W10 images there in total!

Good luck!:up:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Oops! *I forgot to mention this before*, but if you are logging into your W10 Pro, and you have another PC or laptop that's also running W10 Pro or W10 Home and both computers are using a Microsoft Account Login (the one that gives you access to the Microsoft App Store), if your 2nd computer has it's lock screen picture changed; it will AUTOMATICALLY change back to whatever Lock Screen Picture you have on that 1st W10 computer on your home network!!:shocked: This is a Sync feature new to W10. It took me months to figure this out. If this is your case, and you or another family member, or a roommate has a W10 computer and you use your same Microsoft Account Login and Password on that computer, you cannot change your Lock Screen Picture on your W10 Pro computer!! if you do, W10 will change it back to whatever Lock Screen Picture is on that other W10 computer that pre-dates you adding that Pro computer into your Home network!:eek::headache:

This also happens to be true with W10 Homegroups as well, unfortunately. Whether or not you are using Homegroups, the Sync feature overrides the desktop settings on that 2nd W10 Pro computer.:waah:

Hope this helps.;)
<<<BBJ>>>

Oops! *I forgot to mention this before*, but if you are logging into your W10 Pro, and you have another PC or laptop that's also running W10 Pro or W10 Home and both computers are using a Microsoft Account Login (the one that gives you access to the Microsoft App Store), if your 2nd computer has it's lock screen picture changed; it will AUTOMATICALLY change back to whatever Lock Screen Picture you have on that 1st W10 computer on your home network!!:shocked: This is a Sync feature new to W10. It took me months to figure this out. If this is your case, and you or another family member, or a roommate has a W10 computer and you use your same Microsoft Account Login and Password on that computer, you cannot change your Lock Screen Picture on your W10 Pro computer!! if you do, W10 will change it back to whatever Lock Screen Picture is on that other W10 computer that pre-dates you adding that Pro computer into your Home network!:eek::headache:

This also happens to be true with W10 Homegroups as well, unfortunately. Whether or not you are using Homegroups, the Sync feature overrides the desktop settings on that 2nd W10 Pro computer.:waah:

Hope this helps.;)
<<<BBJ>>>

How do you determine which PC is "first". I have never been able to determine which PC is the "Master", it seems that whenever anything is changed on any PC it gets propagated to other PCs. So, I never use the sync feature.

Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,
Good question.:encouragement: You just have to know, you know! Hah! :ahaha: :dog:
I've got like eight(8) W10 computers running, and I remember the one I setup first, since I put all the computers in and built the network myself! This is a common issue; I'm not sure if you can actually tell, but if anyone would know it would be neemo here. What I usually do with Clients who have multiple PCs is that if they can't remember what was the Master or Primary computer they used to setup their Homegroups--I rip Homegroups completely out from all computers on the LAN (network); and start over. Then, whichever computer I setup as the Master/Primary (W7/W8x/W10), I print out the Homegroup Code on a piece of paper from the printer and turn on headers and footers on the print dialog box; that gives me a Date/Time stamp! I make 2 copies of this. One I keep in my Customer file, and the 2nd I give to the Customer. They almost always lose it--Customers are terrible with keeping stuff like this. So, therefore, I usually wind up doing the "rip-it-out-and-start-over" thing! :bigtongue:

Hope that helps. And if neemo chimes in with a way to tell; I'm game and will reward him with a BEST ANSWER on this question! :)

Cheers!
BBJ :D

Back