Login to Windows 8 Forum.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I am having a problem over on the "8" forums. (I think, only recently). Whether I am logged in, or renew a login, I find I cannot post anywhere. I get this message.
"davehc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
In desperation, I tried to register again, as I thought that had somehow gone wrong, but then, I get a message that "davehc" is already taken. A look down the list of members shows that, in fact, "davehc" is not there!

This happens , whether I log in from a direct link or from this site.

Anyone else?

Noone? Hmm. I'll investigate further!

Later. Consider this post closed. I have posted the story over on the Windows 8 site.

Last edited:
I am having a problem over on the "8" forums. (I think, only recently). Whether I am logged in, or renew a login, I find I cannot post anywhere. I get this message.
"davehc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
In desperation, I tried to register again, as I thought that had somehow gone wrong, but then, I get a message that "davehc" is already taken. A look down the list of members shows that, in fact, "davehc" is not there!

This happens , whether I log in from a direct link or from this site.

Anyone else?

davehc.png

Hi, Dave. Please see the image above. According to all our best indicators, your account is working fine.

As stated on the other site, there is no elaborate problem. Your mail carrier won't let you receive e-mails from windows8forums.com or it is going to spam/trash. This is an e-mail verification problem and has nothing to do with the programming. Contact us your e-mail and the account will be activated.

Back