Windows 7 LOGON Stall (SOLVED)

despuit

Hey guys, my computer takes like 45 seconds to do log into after boot. It flies through the boot drivers, and then display the advanced boot options and completely stalls. After it has logged on applications are able to load immediately without delay, just not sure why it takes so long to reach that point.

Thanks for any advice you can provide, and yes I know my screen is dirty.

Update: I attempted safe mode and it boots in about the same time only boot drivers and logon take forver about 30-40 seconds each. Doesn't help narrow down the issue at all. This is a very recent issue. I believe it is a driver problem.

Update 2: After immense evaluation of the drivers, I enabled/disabled some here and there and no avail. Messing around msconfig shaved off 15 seconds how I don't know but 45 seconds isn't bad, It does still black screen though.

Update 3: It still lags a little at the logonui I am going to cut my losses is 1/4 the time now shown in the video

Last edited:
Hi,
I know you have marked the thread solved but try running something like Ccleaner

Thanks for the tip man, unfortunately this isn't a simple bloat issue. I'm learning more about windows everyday, and it is funny to see some of the developmental quirks of the system. They do a pretty darn good job at spelling checking though, however the service chains are not really documented very well. If the chain isn't a-b-c-a-d then you have e-d-f-x failing, or sometimes it is an issue with a link missing which isn't needed but the driver or shared process is developed to look for it and execute it and when it can't you have these mass slow downs. I know that black screen issue is a shared process issue, the boot drivers is normal to be stuck on the PNP drivers however I've cleaned this up before and it only prolongs the black screen issue. Then the logonui I have no idea why it is taking so long to boot up the desktop, other systems it is instantaneous. I only configured it so the PNP drivers would accelerated however in turn I shifted the delay to another area. I need to create a excel/visio/doc to really understand what is going on, to track all the changes and see where the lines are breaking down. I want to develop software that in effect highjacks the boot process and loads on a custom os on top of the NTOS kernel. So I am just tweaking away trying to figure out how every thing works.

Try this, open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Also run in the same admin command prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

These scans will check files and if need be correct any corruption.

Try this, open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Also run in the same admin command prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

These scans will check files and if need be correct any corruption.

Cool beans, didn't know about the 'dism' (Y). Question what warrants a corrupted file? does windows have a master log of the original file states and if it detects foul play or an authorised modification is it classified as such?

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

BTW

Query:

No help topic could be found for the restorehealth option.
Specify an image to see relevant help topics, using either the /Image or
/Online command-line option:

Execution:

C:\>dism /restorehealth

Error: 87

The restorehealth option is unknown.

I just wanted to share. Maybe you're thinking another os, the command for here is "dism /online /cleanup-Wim"

Which still no work on my system :/ messing around do do do is all ways error 87 which is weird because I've had two outputs now. The standard being "option is unknown". Then another output said that actual wimfile is not there. I am go on a limb and guess this has something to do the whole verification, genuine, software licencing deal. I've been unable to lock a key into the system for awhile know, I see the boot driver being executed but there is something I don't think a shared process because on another modified system it is ok but something is turned off so it won't authenticate properly.

But any who, another more prominent issue has arose. I had a power outage recently and one of the hardware components was damaged and I've been unable to isolate the root component. So I am going to replace the system, and replicate the issue above through a vm on the old machine and document each change individually and their effects on load times, and hopefully find what led up this fault.

Thanks for your time it is appreciated :)

Question what warrants a corrupted file

Files that for whatever reason have become damaged.

I just wanted to share. Maybe you're thinking another os

Windows 8.1 :) Hoped it might work for 10 too..

But any who, another more prominent issue has arose. I had a power outage recently and one of the hardware components was damaged and I've been unable to isolate the root component. So I am going to replace the system, and replicate the issue above through a vm on the old machine and document each change individually and their effects on load times, and hopefully find what led up this fault.

Some serious troubleshooting is afoot and you obviously know what your doing.. :) If we can help in anyway please post back and good luck with the debug.

Back
Top Bottom