Windows 7 Long Hang Times, Too Long...

zephus

I'm trying to install Windows 7 32-bit build 7000 on a new computer I had just built. Now, this is not because I'm choosing to, but because I couldn't install Windows Vista Home Premium either. I had to settle for something.

What happens is that my computer is booting regularly into the DVD with the 7 image on it. After the load screen and the little four lights moving about, I get the traditional blue underwater wallpaper with the version designation on the bottom right.

And that's it...

It stays like that, it hangs.

Before I move on, this is my setup

Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9750
Seagate SATA Barracuda 500gb 3.0gb/s
Patriot Memory DDR2 1066 2gbx1

And that's as much as I can explain. I had removed my video card and sound card from the device in order to try to fix whatever is holding it back, because I can hear, see and witness my optical drive and hard drive working. I can't even get to the "install now" screen.

And strangely enough, this same thing happens when I try a Vista installation. No "install now" button to press.

I'm planning on leaving it on for a good while to see what will happen, but I'm afraid I'm at a loss.

If anyone can help... this is a kick-*** system that really needs help. Thanks so much...

This is feeling terrible,

Oh, more info:

I have not set up a raid_0 or raid_1 because I'm using only 1 SATA hard disk, plus I've tried ACHI... (i think) and IDE modes. Still same results.

Last edited:
Back