Windows 7 Lose Internet Connection

Update Comcast arrived at 9:45 am and left at 4:00 pm. They removed the amplifier in the basement and removed the 6 db pad off the Modem.
They temporarily ran a cable 225 feet from the road to the house presently lying on the ground. This cable will wind up underground within the week. It was not until one of the 5 Techs who arrived had a device to detect the loss in the middle of that 225 foot cable. Glad I was not paying
for this repair by the hour. My signal without the amp. and attenuator is much better. Everything shows a stronger signal, I was able to turn the WiFi radio volume down too

Super! Glad it proved to be on their side and not yours. Let's hope once buried, it still works fine. 225 feet is a pretty long run.

Yes, that is just to the road, then across the road and another approx. 200 feet. Signal looks good no atten. or amplifier, that is what I like best.
Not sure how far below the ground they will bury it, the tech said he thought 6 inches. Guess that is good enough. Hope to be home when they do it. Thanks for your help.

That is what I was thinking. The Frost Line for water pipes is 36 inches in Maryland, not sure if there is a requirement for other lines.

Frost lines really only matter for sewer and water lines. As long as there are not splices where moisture might work its say in, not sure the front line matters. But 6 inches could easily get in the way of planting shrubs or simple tilling for a garden or digging a fence post. I would mark it carefully.

Digerati is right, I seen a friend back in 2003-04 who decided to dig a trench for an electrical line to his shop in the backyard sever both the Internet & phone lines. He didn't know until first, his daughter's computer wasn't working, and then the phone.

All of this could had been avoided by a free visit from AT&T, he could had been shown where the line(s) were.:)

So rather than saving $300 by digging the trench himself, the project cost $350 more than planned, service calls to repair broken lines can be expensive.

Cat

Back