Macbook mets while watching DVD!

Matt

Hi guys,

I just found this on the web: http://www.appledefects.com/?p=74
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Very interesting. 95c Intel Core 2 Duo?!?!? I mean, seriously Apple, you may like to have an unique desigh, but you can;'t let that get in the way, and make something so poorly designed that it will run at 95c.

You’d never want to use our particular MacBook on your lap without a thick book or some other protective pad, the heat produced is scolding - but so far not hot enough to physically melt the machine itself. It should be noted Apple doesn’t recommend using laptops on your lap, as we have reported on in the past.
Alright, so why is it called laptop then? We should call it the Apple Booktop. :p But seriously, why would you want a laptop that runs that hot? Looks like I'm not getting a Macbook, and will hopefully get a Asus laptop.

Though it is not as bad as the flaming dells: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=de_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mac-essentials.de%2findex.php%2fmac%2farticle%2f17843%2f
:p

Ouch!

I would hate to spend so much money on something and have that happen to it, just coming to mind i remember barry schwartz saying how hot these things really get, i dont think its uncommon

My MacBook tends to get a little warm, but I think it's only a minority of faulty models which are getting hot enough to melt.

You can control the cooling fan, and even switch it off to conserve battery power. I would guess the person who managed to melt theirs had probably monkeyed around with the fan controls. Numpty.

Another laptop that has head isuse is the older Acer laptops. Thoughs had some serous melting issues.

I heard about that, and Acer is a brand that I would avoid. Dell seems pretty good in that, because I have one with a brocken fan, but it's never caused any errors from the heat, even though it has reached 97C. It reached that only when running at 100% CPU usage though.

I myself want to get a new HP or Asus laptop.

The batteries were that they were overheating and sometimes exploding, but they were made by Sony. Another problem with the MacBooks though was the power adapter, that it would just burn out.

No problem, bc.

I remember Dell laptops having problems with the battery also. The battery would explode. There might be some videos on YouTube.

Oh, If that Apple gets melt while watching DVD, Ouch!
I think one of the reason why it easily melt is made of plastic not like other notebooks that has a case of alluminum alloys or something. I will recommend to buy cooling for MacBook but yet it cost you again after buying costy MacBook.

I like ASUS, I trusted it's brand yet expensive also. :)
CHEERS! :D

I also like Asus. I got two mobos from them, and they are pretty good.

The main thing that I dislike about macs is that they don't make laptops, only notebooks. So, IMO the HP dv6500t Special Edition might be a better choice (the one that I'm planning on getting). It even has a white finish that looks like a macbook. ;)

Matt said:
I also like Asus.  I got two mobos from them, and they are pretty good.

The main thing that I dislike about macs is that they don't make laptops, only notebooks.  So, IMO the HP dv6500t Special Edition might be a better choice (the one that I'm planning on getting).  It even has a white finish that looks like a macbook. ;)
Well, I like ASUS mobo for my new PC, cuz they say it's reliable and best quality that it may last long.
Nice notebook! I love the simplicity of it's design, I saw it, Is this notebook runs also on Windows Vista Ultimate? well I think it is, new notebooks runs on Vista but i'm not sure if it's Ultimate.

CHEERS! :D

With the DV6500T, you have a choice of Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, or Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit. I think I'll go with the Home Premium version though, as 32bit has more driver compatibility and native support for 32bit applications. It's also quite a bit pricy to get Ultimate, an extra $185.

Well I go for with Windows Vista Ultimate, It worth it for me even though expensive. That's my priority :)
well maybe not all apps will support 64bit but there are some, well I don't want to use old apps, and I think it adds security in Ultimate edition. :)

Well, the only security addon in Vista ultimate that I know of is Bitlocker drive encryption.

But when I get my new laptop, I hope to get Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Back