Windows 7 Machine Check Exception now cant boot BSOD no safe mode, nothing!! Help!

Keithrberry

Hi all I have searched and searched for a solution but I haven't been able to find a solution so I thought I would try posting here.

Using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate,

I was downloading a large file, was working fine then all of a sudden windows freezes, I recieved a BSOD with "Machine Check Exception, 0x0000009c" noted as the reason, and now I can't get windows to boot, not from CD, not into safe mode, nothing. I can get as far as the loading screen with the windows logo pulsing, but then it brings up a BSOD, same one every time. I am assuming this install of windows is dead and gonna have to do a fresh install.

I have tried reducing all of my hardware down to the bare essentials, and I still cannot get anywhere. I am down to a single stick of memory, ran memtest and no errors,
I am sure all of my drivers are up to date, and I did not made any changes to the system prior to the crashing.

The BSOD doesn't seem to give any real information as far as I can tell to diagnose what piece of hardware has failed, or if its a real problem or just an error that windows cant get past. I see there is a crash report that windows generates but I cannot get into windows at all, so how would I get to this, say, using Unbuntu? I can get that to boot from the CD and access my Harddrive with the files from windows.

Thanks in advance for any help and support,

Keith

Assuming you had everything set up properly to collect mini-dumps, the you might try checking the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and see if there are any recent files there with a .dmp file extension.
I find it very interesting that the computer will boot from an Unbuntu CD, but for some reason won't boot from the Windows 7 DVD install disc, to allow you to perform repairs.

No folder under windows named Minidump and I cannot search for files or Unbuntu crashes/freezes. Any other ideas or is this a lost cause? If so how do I format my Harddrive to reinstall, use Unbuntu or can I do it in BIOS somehow?

Ok I need help if anyone can, I need to reinstall windows, I don't need to recover any files I just want to format my harddrive. How do I do this if I can't boot from the Windows CD? I tried with ubuntu but it ended up freezing on me. HELP!!

Back
Top Bottom