Windows 7 Make your Bluetooth devices work on Windows 7

Help!! I have a Late 2010 Macbook Air with BootCamp Window 7 Ultimate running, and several bluetooth headsets (Plantronics, Jabra, Motorola). All of them work out of the box on the Mac side, for audio streaming. None of them work on the Windows side. Is it wrong to conclude that the hardware on the laptop is capable of streaming since it all works fine in OSX? What is missing in Windows 7 that is preventing this from happening? I've tried everything in this article and others to no avail - I have purchased a dongle, and that does work, but I'd rather not have to sacrifice a USB port for this, when the hardware is built in - thanks

I spent a lot of time with this problem. In the end, I found out that they only way to get BLUETOOTH to properly function was with a dongle i a USB port.

(See my reply several posts above)

Did Microsoft Cripple Bluetooth in Windows 7? - Gearlog

I got sick of wasting more time on the issue, and caved.

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU...

i have been trying for weeks to figure out why I couldn't send or receive bluetooth files. I read so many forums and tried so many things but what you mentioned worked for me

"So make sure 'Bluetooth Support Service' is running and set to 'Automatic'. You can find that service by going to -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services (select it from the list)"

Turns out that my bluetooth had been disabled ( i am sure that I had enabled and disabled in the troubleshooting process???)

Anyway, as soon as i followed the steps above, bang...all my devices show up and bluetooth is working fine! i can't thankyou enough!!!

I was under the impression that WINDOWS Mobile Device Center was only used for connecting to, and syncing with mobile phones.

If I were to follow the above instructions, would I be able to stream internet radio, via Bluetooth, to a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth Stereo Gateway Adapter? (This is what I had always done in the past.

What happened between Windows VISTA & Windows 7 in regard to Bluetooth audio support?

This is a major issue, that I feel should be discussed with MICROSOFT.

I have "upgraded" both my machines at home from VISTA HOME PREMIUM, to Win 7 HOME PREMIUM. After the upgrades, I lost all Bluetooth audio support. Many searches through numerous forums, had no real answer.

My machines had been set up to stream Pandora Radio from the computer to a Bluetooth receiver attached to my home stereo. This was a beautiful thing. All I had to do, was right click the speaker Icon, and select Bluetooth Audio as the default source, and I was good to go.

This is a major disappointment to me, that I feel requires a fix.

I have already do all action above...but still cannot solve the problem
bluetooth peripheral devices problem.png
Can Anyone help me

You seem to be missing drivers. Who makes the Bluetooth on your system? On mine, it is Atheros and I get the driver from the ASUS site for my motherboard.

Rajiv,

First I would like to thank you for the information but I do still need additional assistance. I will give you the hardware I am using first and then explain the problem.

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit
Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard MX5500
Jabra BT2080 Headset

I have added the Jabra Headset and followed the steps of your original post. I am now at the point where I want to connect the headset but it is not connecting. I see the headset in the Devices page but I do not see it in Mumble Voice. I want to use the headset for communication through this program.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, everyone.
I am new here, and maybe kinda stupid here, but I have some problems with Windows 7 and Buletooths..
So yea.
I have USB buetooth and its kinda working, but when I try send melody to my Apple Iphone from PC, it dont go.. And I have tried to download many programs what people said, it may help, but in fact they dont. I am starting to get pisst, so I am asking for help.
What should I do?

Patuks1997

Just get yourself a BLUETOOTH Dongle, and install the software that comes with it. That is the only thing that worked for me.

Hello, friend.

I maybe will sound very stupid, but can I download Bluetooth Dongle from internet? You see, I am not smart at all. ;D

yeap.. usually the dongle will do the job. However, that defeats the purpose of bluetooth, as the use of dongle will occupied 1 of my USB port (which is already insufficient). I used to have my external HDD, wireless mouse, and midi keyboard connected to my laptop. Obviously, using a dongle is not my preferred option. Why is Microsoft makes consumers' life so frustrating??? all we need is a working bluetooth driver that supports A2DP.. Can anyone suggest a work-around? (i'd tried all suggestions in this forum by downloading and installing this and that but didn't work out). My laptop is Asus A43S series.
Thanks!

yeap.. usually the dongle will do the job. However, that defeats the purpose of bluetooth, as the use of dongle will occupied 1 of my USB port (which is already insufficient). I used to have my external HDD, wireless mouse, and midi keyboard connected to my laptop. Obviously, using a dongle is not my preferred option. Why is Microsoft makes consumers' life so frustrating??? all we need is a working bluetooth driver that supports A2DP.. Can anyone suggest a work-around? (i'd tried all suggestions in this forum by downloading and installing this and that but didn't work out). My laptop is Asus A43S series.
Thanks!
I have worked on this issue on and off for 2 years to no avail. (Bluetooth did work with VISTA) I was able to get it working, but not 100% reliable, with the WINDOWS 8 Customer Preview. I'm hoping the issues will be worked out completely by October when it is released.

For now, all I can suggest is the dongle. You could plug a USB hub into your laptop to give you more ports.

I had a similar problem, missing "Bluetooth Support Service" ... and this is one of the posts I found that got me closer to the solution.
The service can be manually created, and I had a Win7 vm with the working service, so I used it as a model.

Adding the "Bluetooth Support Service" service back, can be done manually with regedit, or using the attached reg file and import it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\bthserv]

Here are the pictures from the registry with all the details:
16972-1c9a01995dd8386eda504cc27097dd4a.jpg

16973-4a36710ec9726f6cd07419db025644a2.jpg

16974-140cda54be36573e12cabdc32e7d9b25.jpg

16975-9dd9c3e780dd2a493e3d1d68e651d41a.jpg

Rename bluetooth_service_original.reg.txt to bluetooth_service_original.reg and merge it to registry ... this needs to be done with an account that has admin rights.

After a system reboot, the service should be running (if not, probably some system files are missing ... maybe some of the used dlls).
After this, either install the right driver, if needed, or it should just work.

Attachments

• regedit_bluetooth_service_01.png
    regedit_bluetooth_service_01.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,390
  • regedit_bluetooth_service_02.png
    regedit_bluetooth_service_02.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,249
  • regedit_bluetooth_service_03.png
    regedit_bluetooth_service_03.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • regedit_bluetooth_service_04.png
    regedit_bluetooth_service_04.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,357
  • bluetooth_service_original.reg.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,680
Here's what you need to do for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 systems:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx ,this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

Hello Rajiv

I tried installing the download on my HP i5 laptop running Win7 64 and but I got an error saying the processor type is not supported. Please help point me to the right direction. Many thanks

A BLUETOOTH dongle is a piece of hardware that plugs into a USB port. For example:
Newegg.com - cirago BTA-3210 Micro Bluetooth Dongle USB 2.0 support Bluetooth 2.1

It will come with a driver disc. It will then transmit to whatever BLUETOOTH receiver you are using. It works for me on both my computers.
I own 6-8 of the USB Bluetooth dongles. Not one of them has ever come with a driver disc. They all work flawlessly on both Win 7 & Win 8 just by plugging them.

I've never needed to download any additional software to make Bluetooth devices work on my Win 7 & Win 8 computers. I use various BT devices such as mice, keyboards, headsets, GPS, speakers, cell phones, etc...

I too get the "processor not supported" message when attempting to install the "Mobile Devices" app (I have an Intel 4770k cpu.)

Is there a fix?

I was having trouble connecting my Motorola Photon to my Windows 7 Pro machine.via bluetooth also. There were always a couple of drivers missing that Windows could not find. Then I stumbled across software at Broadcom. I can't post a direct link yet. Just go to Broadcom's site and click on 'downloads' then click on 'bluetooth' which will be in red lettering. From there you will find the software.

After I downloaded and installed the software at that link my phone was properly recognized. And this is without Windows Mobile Device Center. When I tried WMDC the same drivers were always missing.

Motorola's support site links to these drivers on the software/driver download page for the Photon Q.

Last edited:
Hey techs. This software or program is not compatible with windows 7 so I thought it would.
Is there any alternative software for windows 7.
This problem regards to Bluetooth connectivity-thanks

hi guy's , iam with sonyvaio, after uninstalling IOBIT , i have yellow triangle show up under device manager and no internet , when i want update driver for adapter it's say device uknown or device found but error non-recoverable device bluetooth (RFCOMM PROTOCOL TDI) im looking for this Microsoft manufacture signed driver help me where i can find (RFCOMM PROTOCOL TDI) microsoft hardware.thanks

Check the Bluetooth Support services and the drivers.

a) Click Start, type services.msc in the start search box and press enter. Services window will open then in the list check for Bluetooth Support Service and double click on that. Ensure that the service is both set to automatic for startup type and started for status.

b) Click Start, type device manager in start search box and press enter. Device manager window will open check for Bluetooth device expand it and double click on driver. Go to driver tab and click on update driver to update the drivers. If issue is same try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers in the same tab by uninstall option.

c) Right Click on Bluetooth Icon and Click on Open Settings. in OPTION Tab, Check the Option "Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find this Computer."

d) Right Click on Bluetooth Icon and Click on Add a Device. Select the Device. Windows will install Drivers Automatically.

Back