Windows 7 Memory causing problems.

reghakr

Essential Member
I just upgrade from 1GBto 4GB.

I keep getting the blue screen that state your computer gas been shutdown to prevent t damage. I ran the memtest and itt passes.

Any thoughts
Gotta go before it crashes again.

So far on Vista it seems OK.

I'll try Windows 7 opro again

Last edited:
How about a little more data, ie, memory type, your motherboard. Is your BIOS set to see and read 4 gigs? Is it installed correctly? What does Vista show for memory? Is it all same memory? I would check the BIOS and the RAM clock settings to make sure they all correct.

Hello peeterpac

I see you'tr into forensics. I recently graduated from a Security and Computer Forensic course.

What does you title mean.

I going to try to go sifter th Certifued comport Forensic Exaninor test.

Hello peeterpac

I see you'tr into forensics. I recently graduated from a Security and Computer Forensic course.

What does you title mean.

I going to try to go sifter th Certifued comport Forensic Exaninor test.

I did a stint with CISSP. Which course did you finish as there are quite a number of schools now. This is a widely open field and if you are certified and have some time under your belt you can practically name your job. Due to what I do I needed further experience to get licenses and permits plus have credentials for whom I have to contact and work with. That is a license I have to do work in Nevada which i have a habit placing on all correspondence now since I been doing it for around 5 years. Its more a habit now than anything else. Thanks for pointing that out as I dont need it in a forum LOL.

Did you work out the RAM problem?

I went to a Business Institute for Security and Computer Forensics. It was supposed to be a two year course, but since I had been there before i graduated in omen year. The certification is the tough part.

We had a book called CEH (Computer Ethical Hacking. and a test to prepare fort it. I find no need for it=t in the jobs I looked over.

I understand they pulled the course after i left. Boy did I get some great tools with that CD

I've had some pretty good breaks by finding a person's e-mail address on one of our branch libraries where I used to work.

I gave the info to the Chief Deputy District Attorney and have have had a good relationship ever since.

I went to a five day basic forensic course at a local university and I was the only non law enforcement person in the class.

I was then granted "limited access' to a Cybercrime Government Portal Web Site

My back is in pretty rough shape, so I'm working on that now and updating my resume and cover letter.

Is there anything you could suggest I look into?

Thanks, the memory worked wonders.

I just upgrade from 1GBto 4GB.

I keep getting the blue screen that state your computer gas been shutdown to prevent t damage. I ran the memtest and itt passes.

Any thoughts
Gotta go before it crashes again.

So far on Vista it seems OK.

I'll try Windows 7 opro again

BSOD is not unusual when you install additional RAM, as the system attempts to access invalid addresses at too high interrupt request levels. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses.

So, if the problem persists, reinstall your entire system.

Cheers.

Thanks cybercore, it seams to have corrected itself????

Right now I'm struggling with a new power supply, Mine is about 3 years old and watt.

I opted for a modular 550watt, but there is a 4-pin connector from the power supply with no matching slot on the motherboard.

Is this necessary or just for use on newer boards.?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks cybercore, it seams to have corrected itself????

Right now I'm struggling with a new power supply, Mine is about 3 years old and watt.

I opted for a modular 550watt, but there is a 4-pin connector from the power supply with no matching slot on the motherboard.

Is this necessary or just for use on newer boards.?

Thanks for your time.

Power supply is one item you should not cheap out on. I use a Corsair TX750W or even their TX650 is worth it. Unless you build your own computers most companies cheap out on power supplies and their ratings are not very reliable. Fluctuation in power can destroy a motherboard, RAM and devices. What is worst when you go to add a drive or something and oops there is no power plug for it because the elcheapo power supply does not have enough connections or you start having problems because of power problems. 3d party software show power and even a good MOBO shows your power usage and ratings. The lower cost power supplies fluctuate way to much so i do not use them plus the higher cost PS have warranties with them.

PM me about the forensic info as i do not want to post links on a open forum.

I purchased a modular 550 watt to replace my 250 watt power supply.

The problem in that there are two four pin connector's and mu motherbaoad only has one.

This is a cheap E-Machine about 3 years old. I don;t feel I need a 650 or 700 watt for this computer.

Arvy ideas about the extra four pin connection?

I purchased a modular 550 watt to replace my 250 watt power supply.

The problem in that there are two four pin connector's and mu motherbaoad only has one.

This is a cheap E-Machine about 3 years old. I don;t feel I need a 650 or 700 watt for this computer.

Arvy ideas about the extra four pin connection?

Newer motherboards have a 24 pin so some PS makers created adapter pins so their PS can accommodate both new and older boards. Now do not get them mixed up with the 12 volt connector 4 pin. Newer PS have 2 4 pin 12 volts adapters. The adapter for the MOBO PS usually has a detachable part if your MOBO does not support 24 pin. I would have to dig out one of my old MOBO's to see what the old pin #'s were 18 or 20. My Corsair has 2 12 volt connectors and the small page with the PS should tell you that or look it up on the old net and see what the company shows.

I use donated older boards to build computers for seniors or disadvantage youths. I receive memory from Patriot, HHD's from Hatachi and monitors from Samsung and Sony (yes all free). MS use to donate Windows until Vista and than they became elcheapo so i use Ubuntu now. i never worry about cases as I know a lot of computer repair shops and companies.

I see exactly whet you mean.

I scavenged an older Gateway and immediately popped the case and noticed on 4 pin connector just dangling there,

So I should be OK. Believe it or not, I had a hard drive that I placed into it was Serer 2003.

man am I a happy camper.

So now I'll have an upgrade to 4GB from 1GB and a new 550 watt power siupply.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back