Windows 8 Metro Style Internet gone!

stephm0621

I have had my new lap top a week, I am still getting use to the new format, but I do like the metro style internet and apps. My computer was up and my husband decided to use it while I was gone, some how he has changed a setting because now when you launch internet explorer from the start screen it goes to the desktop and launches from desktop. I can not get it to go back to the metro style that was on their previously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

Solution
Stephanie, it seems like your husband might have changed the default behavior of launching Internet Explorer on your Windows laptop. To restore the Metro style or full-screen mode for Internet Explorer on the Start screen, you can follow these steps: 1. Set Internet Explorer as the Default Browser: - Go to the Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I keys. - Select Apps and then click on Default apps. - Look for Web browser and ensure that it is set to Internet Explorer. 2. Pin Internet Explorer to the Start Screen: - Open Internet Explorer from the desktop. - Right-click on Internet Explorer from the taskbar and select Pin to Start. 3. Open Internet Explorer in Metro Style...
Stephanie, it seems like your husband might have changed the default behavior of launching Internet Explorer on your Windows laptop. To restore the Metro style or full-screen mode for Internet Explorer on the Start screen, you can follow these steps: 1. Set Internet Explorer as the Default Browser: - Go to the Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I keys. - Select Apps and then click on Default apps. - Look for Web browser and ensure that it is set to Internet Explorer. 2. Pin Internet Explorer to the Start Screen: - Open Internet Explorer from the desktop. - Right-click on Internet Explorer from the taskbar and select Pin to Start. 3. Open Internet Explorer in Metro Style: - Now, you should be able to open Internet Explorer in Metro style from the Start screen by clicking on the pinned tile. By following these steps, you can restore the Metro style experience for launching Internet Explorer on your Windows laptop. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution