Windows Vista Microphone does not work - Vista Home Premium

wildcatxxx

I had the Vista HD Audio driver installed and updated to IDT as it is an Intel motherboard. There is not a very good manager with IDT but it says it is connected. I tried front and back jacks and every combination available. The mic does not work. I tried installing Realtek AC97 for Vista but it says it's not signed and will not accept install it anyway. I tried every permission I could think of to no avail. The mic works fine on my XP SP2 computer but not on the Vista one. Any ideas?

I figured it out. Turn off all extra programs, antivirus, etc. Get the motherboard type, go to the manufacturer's site and d/l the driver. In device manager, uninstall the old driver and delete the driver files. Run the new driver and have device manager install it. re-boot. Voila!!! It worked.

Dude, you post this everywhere. This is called SPAMMING. Quit it. I'm tired of seeing Wildcat XXX's stupid posts on the same subject. It's annoying and isn't necessary. It's great that you fixed it, but stop telling the whole world, only a hand-full of people really care anyways..

Well the O P was originally writing that to help someone... Although the second post did make me laugh..

Work From Home Data Entry Jobs

I am searching for work from home data entry jobs which can work on spare time. Part time or full time jobs so that I am can earn some extra money from home. Link Removed - Invalid URL and http://www.ourdollars.com looks legitimate with lot blog articles. Anyone knows about this sites? or tell me if any sites you know.

Nope, But I have heard of "Craig's List". People in my complex here have used it. My neighbors daughter got a office job through them. :) P.S.- I don't know where you are from, but you might check out "Volt Temporary Agency", they have on-line jobs.

Back