Windows 7 Microphone Problem Driving Me Nuts!!

Inexx

Hi there
Well as the title says, i got a microphone issue...
I just upgraded my OS to Windows 7 64-Bit and everything is working fine (sounds etc) Its just my microphone thats messing with me..

I've been watching some vids on youtube about how to fix it and so on but still no results.

Im using SB49 Koss Headphones with a Mic. And it used to work with my Vista...

Some people told me to download the motherboard system (which is SoundMax) But its still not working.
Please help :)

Hi and welcome to the forums. : )

You may need to adjust mic's level in control panel > sound > recording > microphone, levels tab.

Do you have the latest 7 compatible driver installed for your sound card/headset w/ microphone ? Exactly what mic prooblems do you have, does it not work at all or is it some other issue with it?

Hi and welcome to the forums. : )

You may need to adjust mic's level in control panel > sound > recording > microphone, levels tab.

Do you have the latest 7 compatible driver installed for your sound card/headset w/ microphone ? Exactly what mic prooblems do you have, does it not work at all or is it some other issue with it?

Hi there :) and thx, glad to be here.

Yes, or exactly what do you mean by compatible driver installed?
I installed SoundMAX from my motherboard site. And yeah the level on the mic is 100%.
Some people said that you need to turn the "boost" up, but i just have the volume level i dont know why.

And the mic isnt working at all. You know when you talk this green thing should be filled up but it aint with mine.

This is how it looks "
30dfkmx.png
"

(Language is in swedish tho)

I mean the latest 7 compatible driver that you can get at your hardware manufacturer's site, one for your sound card, and one for your headphones. Are you using the mic built in you headphones ? (It should be listed as another microphone of your headset)

I mean the latest 7 compatible driver that you can get at your hardware manufacturer's site, one for your sound card, and one for your headphones. Are you using the mic built in you headphones ? (It should be listed as another microphone of your headset)

I dont think i am, because when i look at the normal sound system it says "speakers" not "headphones"...
And i didnt get any cd when i bought this headset.
You know how to like set it up? And where can i get those hardwares.
My motherboard is P6T Deluxe V2 ASUS

Do you have an additional port you can plug the microphone into?
Mike, one of the admins on the site recently taught me about a problem that can be caused by certain connections, don't remember the details on it though ;)

Do the SoundMAX drivers have a utility installed with them that allow you to adjust the settings? You may want to look around to see if you have one, because Windows settings will often times be limited by the program.

Do you have an additional port you can plug the microphone into?
Mike, one of the admins on the site recently taught me about a problem that can be caused by certain connections, don't remember the details on it though ;)

Do the SoundMAX drivers have a utility installed with them that allow you to adjust the settings? You may want to look around to see if you have one, because Windows settings will often times be limited by the program.

What kind of settings do you mean? And i tried to plug them at the backside of the computer but that didnt work either. Using the front panel atm.

And the SoundMAX has like a few settings that tells me where to plug everything and stuff but still it isnt working, and this happend right after i upgraded to w7..

When you upgraded, was it a clean install or an actual "upgrade"?
Do you still have Windows XP on a partition?
What about another microphone you could try?

Back