Windows 10 Microsoft basic display adapter issue

zmarkoni2

Hi all!

So, today I downloaded and installed Windows 10. Everything is working fine, except that its using Microsoft basic display adapter instead of my default graphics card.
In device manager it shows my graphics cards, but it still uses microsoft basic display adapter.
I have tried enabling, disabling, installing drivers, removing drivers. blah. blah. blah. doesnt work.
Also, my screen flashes from time to time, but it changes nothing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

It may take a while for Windows to find a driver. What card is it?

You don't specifically mention it, but have you tried, in the device manager, updating the driver (through a right click - properties) and accepting the option to search the internet?

You don't specifically mention it, but have you tried, in the device manager, updating the driver (through a right click - properties) and accepting the option to search the internet?
Yes I have with both graphics cards, both say they are up to date

I don't run AMD video, but I notice they do have drivers available for Windows 10. Have you gotten any messages in Windows Update or the Notifications about drivers failing to install?

Your screen blinking probably does mean some attempt at replacing the video drivers and in many cases it takes a reboot to finish those installs. Since it has been a couple of days, you may want to download the drivers directly and try installing to see what happens. Windows 10 may still be trying to install an older version.

Back