Windows 7 Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client causing freezing

Pajspaj

Hi all,

First off, I am running a fairly recent Dell studio laptop upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.

I tried to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client but during the install, specifically at a "rollback" part, it ceased to progress for about an hour and froze when I tried to cancel the install. After a hard reset my computer is now consistently freezing!

I have tried both reinstalling, uninstalling and repairing the install from Add/Remove programs and unfortunately it freezes or crashes every time. I have also tried to repair/uninstall in safe mode where it progressed a little way and then comes up with:

"'Repair did not succeed. .NET framework 4 Client Profile has not been repaired because: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed."

Also also, I have tried uninstalling it through command prompt, which apparently succeeds but upon reboot the client is still installed and the error still occurs.

I hope someone can help as I am up against a wall, any feedback is gratefully received!

Josh

Back
Top Bottom