Microsoft Office 2016 Touch Preview for Windows 10

Hmm... Has anyone else had any luck in using Outlook with the new preview version? I ended up un-installing the Preview, repairing my existing installation of Office 2013 Pro to get Outlook back up and running. I then tried installing the Preview again although this time I didn't mess with anything and just allowed the install plenty of time to do whatever it needed to.... Still no Outlook.
I have to say though that in the meantime I took a proper look at the latest version of the Mail app that comes with Windows 10 Build 10074 and was impressed. A huge improvement over earlier versions and i may even consider using it from time to time.

As for Office 2016 Public Preview.. I wish they had made it clear that Outlook isn't included or doesn't seem to be and installing the Preview will make any existing version of Outlook unable to run.
Seems like it's back to 2013 for moi..

Ok.. I un-installed Office 2013 which I'd left installed and after rebooting I checked the Start menu. Weirdly I found there was still a 2013 Office folder which contained a icon for Outlook. I clicked on it (remember I just uninstalled 2013 office although the preview was still installed) and the new version of Outlook opened.... LOL! So I got there in the end although it was a bit of a weird path..

In case you missed it:
NKGG6-WBPCC-HXWMY-6DQGJ-CPQVG
Thanks David.
Surreptitiously disguised and concealed in the name of the executable
Setup.x64.en-us_ProfessionalRetail_NKGG6-WBPCC-HXWMY-6DQGJ-CPQVG_act_1_.exe
Too clever.... :)

EDIT: With respect to it being an extremely slow install because of "streaming".... I would agree and basically chalked that one up to high demand for the download as well as the second iteration of the Server version both becoming available about the same time. The guy at the Ignite show, basically suggested that everyone there promptly install it immediately. I can only guess how many people watching live on line, did the exact same thing.

Screenshot (28).png

I just tried the new Office 2016 Public Preview and one of the effects of installing is that you will not be able to continue using Outlook neither does a version come with the Preview. So if your main way of collecting emails is to use Outlook you may have to weigh up your options..

I just tried the new Office 2016 Public Preview and one of the effects of installing is that you will not be able to continue using Outlook neither does a version come with the Preview. So if your main way of collecting emails is to use Outlook you may have to weigh up your options..

I'm using it right now, it's all there ;)
Screenshot (29).png

Back