Windows 7 microsoft office missing after installing windows 7

computernoob

i installed windows 7 (note: it's not an upgrade; i was previously using vista) and upon installation, all microsoft office applications like word, excel, powerpoint are all missing!! even programs like windows movie maker are also gone. i created a restore point before installing windows 7 so I tried going back to this point, but I couldn't go back to vista where I had my original settings!

please please help! =\

th

i installed windows 7 (note: it's not an upgrade; i was previously using vista) and upon installation, all microsoft office applications like word, excel, powerpoint are all missing!! even programs like windows movie maker are also gone. i created a restore point before installing windows 7 so I tried going back to this point, but I couldn't go back to vista where I had my original settings!

please please help! =\

th

The only way you keep your applications that you used in Vista is to do an upgrade. A clean install format the drives and installs the OS clean.

A new install doesn't format unless you actually ask it to, otherwise it moves the Vista installation to 'Windows.old'. Regardless, it's unlikely you would be able to get Office to function. You will need to re-install Office from wherever it came from in the first place. If it came pre-installed then you are out of luck. You could use OpenOffice in the meantime if you are stuck!

If your computer has a recovery drive you could use that to restore it back to factory set up. Then Upgrade Vista to W7.

Last edited:
Back