Windows 7 Microsoft Office Update failures

MARKWW2

I have just purchased windows office 7 from the BX for Military. I installed the office program everything went ok Today windows update said there are 16 updates for my office program it downloaded and installed 16 updates and when it was done the error box came up and said 16 update failures and keeps wanting me to update. I have shut off the firewall to do a update and still the failure shows up after three times trying to update office.

MARK

I guess a couple of questions:

If you look at Windows update, do the updates show as a successful install?

If you go to "Programs and Features" in control panel and click on show updates, do the updates appear to be there?

Maybe if you uninstalled them if they do show up, the could you reinstall correctly.

There is also a troubleshooter if you look in Help and Support

If you have an anti-virus or spyware, you might want to try turning that off.

NO

The updates do not show anywhere except a new special screen saying all updates failed. Like I said when they finish it says 16 updates unable to install. The anti virus is off.

The updates do not show installed cause all of them say failed and unable to install

Mark

I found this and there are probably others. Let us know how it goes. I would be wary of the CCleaner suggestion.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I will check today for further info.

I found this also:

The one I found wasn't good. You should be able to find something on the Microsoft site, just check which version of OS it is talking about.

Last edited:
I have noticed there is a Office Diagnostic tool located in the Microsoft Office, tools folder. You might try that to see what it shows.

FORGET OFFICE 2007 Went to OPEN OFFICE

Since the files in 2007 had to be downloaded manually 19 of them I said go to open office which I did thanks folks but Microsoft has a few bad headaches with the installs and programs that are missing and they have badly written programs Mark

I have just purchased windows office 7 from the BX for Military. I installed the office program everything went ok Today windows update said there are 16 updates for my office program it downloaded and installed 16 updates and when it was done the error box came up and said 16 update failures and keeps wanting me to update. I have shut off the firewall to do a update and still the failure shows up after three times trying to update office.

MARK

When I installed the Government version($9.95) not the BX ($49.99) the same thing just cost different. I had like 16 or 19 updates. When I tried the updates several failed just like you. I just forgot about them and went on to better things. I noticed after logging on a few times later the updates had downloaded and installed. Not sure what happened but they are there. Maybe just give it time.

Back
Top Bottom