Windows 7 Missing mass storage controller from windows 7 gateway notebook

tripp

I have an old Gateway windows xp that I upgraded to windows 7 the upgrade works fine except for the sound there is no sound device so I click the the speaker which has X on it and I tried windows update. did not work. it says I am missing a mass storage contoller driver. I can't find this on the gateway site and have not found this on any site. Does any one know how to fix this

You may also want to consider that such a driver may also be identified with another name perhaps something like chipset driver or something like SmBus, so you may consider downloading many if not most of the drivers available through Gateway, but if your computer / mainboard is truly old you may have issues with drivers updates and you will need to identify the particular device manufacturer to see if they have anything current that you can use. In some cases older XP or Vista drivers have been known to work well enough, but may lack some more current features and fixes, so it's always best to get one that is as current as possible.

Back