Windows 7 Monitor Won't Wake Up

mhjeff

Hi,
I'm new to the board and this is my first post. I really like win 7, I think it's steady and reliable.
But I have a kinda huge problem. Whenever my display goes to sleep, switch my KVM to my other computer or turn the monitor off while windows 7 is running, the monitor will not wake up. In fact, the monitor will display "No Input Signal" and then "Monitor going to sleep". No matter how much I move the mouse, click the mouse or tap keys on my keyboard, it just won't come back up. The only way to get my monitor to work again is to restart my computer.

I'm running Win 7 x64 RC.

I have an ATI Radeon x800, 256mb, PCI-x 16 video adapter and an HP w2207 HDMI monitor. I've checked ATI's website for drivers and they do not have a win 7 driver for the x800, but they do for some of their other display adapters. So I downloaded the ATI Catalyst/Driver for Vista x64. The file name is 9-3_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe. Since they put "win7_64" in the file name, I assumed this should work. But there was an error during the install and the driver would not load, so I dl'd the driver only and installed through Device Manager and this time it installed. After a restart, the problem still persists.

I hope there's a solution.

It's totally amazing. Nobody? Nobody has had this problem?
I simply can't believe that I'm the only one who's having this issue.

I am having the same problem, and am sorry to say I haven't figured it out yet. If I do I will let you know.

i have the same problem what you expalined maybe this monitor is giving problem as i see the VGA cards are diffrent so there is no problem with VGA cards.

I've got the same problem. A quick search on-line shows many people have the same problem, and it's not just related to Win7. Apparently sleep just doesn't always work correctly - I haven't been able to find a good answer yet!

Hi!

Im having this problem aswell.

Since I got my new comp a week ago I decided to try out Win 7 on it, and its started doing something strange. When booting the computer the screen starts up as normal, until windows is finished loading and I can see my desktop, then it goes black and says "no signal detected!". After which I try rebooting the screen a good dozen times. Either that works or it doesnt and I have to reboot the comp (and pray meanwhile). If it does work, then I go in to Screen Resolution, and voila... there's another Generic PnP screen detected. Sometimes 2 extra screens detected, whereas one of them are in use.

Thing is, I dont have any other screens then my 24" BenQ.

So I change the settings to only one screen being used and that fixes the problem until the next time I boot my comp.
Now, I tried removing the gfx drivers, tried installing older drivers, tried the newest drivers. Nothing works. So it doesnt seem to be a driver problem, it seems more of a Win 7 problem.

How annoying! Anyone have a fix?

Back