Windows 7 More tweaks for Windows 7

reghakr

Essential Member
1. There is an alternate was to turn on Aero in Windows7....but only use this one Build 7000

Click on the Start Button and in the Search box type Aero. Now click on Find and Fix problems with transparency and other visual effects.. Immediately an Aero box will pop up. Click the Advanced link and place a check in the box to automatically fix errors.

No click the Next button and you'll get a progress bar detecting problems. If the results all are checked with none of them failed, then your computer can support Aero. The Aero feature will work immediately, so just choose Close the Troubleshooter.

2. To remove the Send Feedback link on all windows title bars, use this registry script. Copy and paste the info inside the quote into Notepad, choose Save As, then select All Files from the drop-down menu box and type in removeshortcut.reg. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it intro the registry.

You'll need to restart for it to take effect.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"FeedbackToolEnabled"=dword:00000000

3. I realize Windows Explorer has a Copy To Folder.... and Move To Folder...when you select a folder or file.

This tweak adds Copy To and Move To to the right-click context menu. I use this almost every day. As an example I download all my software to the desktop. then I either install it or use the Move To to send it to my Downloads folder. You can't do this with Explorer's Copy To or Move To for files on the desktop. And it's saves a couple clicks.

It's also possible to add shortcuts to the Send To folder by choosing C:\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Copy and paste the info inside the quote into Notepad, choose Save As, then select All Files from the drop-down menu box and type in copytomoveto.reg. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it intro the registry.

Remeber to change Con textMenuHandlers to ContextMenuHandlers in the script below

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

Last edited by a moderator:
this may be a silly question....but is there a way to get build 7000 to not expire? i know there are better versions coming later this year like RC and the RTM. But just thought i would ask. good tips above though.

There are several cracks online you can use. Just Google to find them. I never recommend it to anyone because it is illegal first of and second because you cant receive windows updates that way.

indeed it is so dont ever do it. Many of the updates afre for security purposes.

Plus cracking a BETA version of something is just plain stupid in my opinion.. it was never intended to be used as a permanent long term solution.. it's for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY... ;)

Radenight, you got that right. What's the point? Just like turning off the feedback option. WTF? I want feedback to go to Microsoft. The sooner they get the bugs out the sooner it will be released. This is NOT a free OS people, just a beta test version. Give people a dime and they want a dollar. Sheesh.

Radenight, you got that right. What's the point? Just like turning off the feedback option. WTF? I want feedback to go to Microsoft.

I should have mentioned why I posted the remove feedback hack...

I have two Windows 7 machines and I send feedback with my main PC and yes we all should be providing feedback
I removed that particular item from the other PC.

I'm assuming this is an option with the beat preview, but if they implement it with the release, I'd prefer to turn it off.

I agree about the feedback in the release, I wouldn't want it staring at me either.:)

i have to agree too. either way, there is also another means of accessing the feedback tool (one of which is the desktop icon).

i think that the beta build will run until aug of this year, provided that yours is activated.

indeed it is so dont ever do it. Many of the updates afre for security purposes.

This is coming from a guy who has ran XP Pro for three years cracked. The security fixes from Microsoft sucked balls. I do hope they're better for Windows 7. If you know what you're doing, you can easily secure your computer far better w/o the use of Window Updates, plus they just take up a lot of space that they shouldn't be taking up. I've got plenty of space, but still it's useless to have it do that. I'm only used Vista Ultimate a few times because I said to myself I was keeping this new computer OS Legit clean, so I paid $180 for the OEM version of Vista Ult. Fine and all, but I quickly realized it sucked, so back to Linux I went (archlinux). Now, I've got more than enough RAM to run Vista and Windows 7 even, but in the past Microsoft has done some stupid and idotic things, I'd be happy to stand in from of Microsoft and say yes, I used a pirated XP Pro, and that Vista and some features of Windows 7 suck ass. There's a little thing I like to call Freedom of Speech, so I'll say whatever I want to them. I personally have the updates turned off except for Important updates, and even then I have it set so I have to approve each one, I don't want no garbage update installed without me knowing. I prefer to know EVERY LITTLE THING that goes on in the background, like you can with Linux. In my opinion, Microsoft still has a way to go to get me 100% on board with them. I still only use it for the latest games and just tinkering with it, as I've got to much hard drive space.

There's a little thing I like to call Freedom of Speech,

How old are you...12?

That's a crock of Sh*t.

That's exactly how malicious hackers act.
Here's a few others:
1. By writing viruses, I'm exercising my freedom of s[each
2. By penetrating other information systems, I am increasing my knowledge.
3. Information "wants to be free" and I'm helping in that mission
4. Information stem software should prevent me from inflicting harm
5. Computer files should always be backed up, so files that I might damage can be retrieved.
6. Because manufacturer's make most software easy to copy, it is OK for me to copy it and use unauthorized software

Excuses, all excuses.

If you don't like windows, then stick with Linux and quit your bitching.

That came out wrong.

/suicide

And yes, I'm 20, I suck at putting things into words mainly because all I do is sit at a computer and do web dev stuff or graphic design. I hate being around people outside.

That came out wrong.

/suicide

And yes, I'm 20, I suck at putting things into words mainly because all I do is sit at a computer and do web dev stuff or graphic design. I hate being around people outside.

Bryce are you having a bad day? Cheer up mate, you'll live!

@bryce you do realise you can delete all of the little unistall folders in the winows directory right just remember though if you do you'll not be able to uninstall a bad update

Back
Top Bottom