Windows 7 Mouse not working properly in w7

ravr

Hello all,

I have a weird problem as i've run previous beta versions of w7 and those worked perfectly although now with the latest version my mouse starts acting weird. sometimes its works perfectly and i just have to click once to open something, and the next time i have to click like 10 times before it even reacts.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

What model is your mouse? Perhaps it requires a driver be installed to function properly.. ;) It's odd though how it worked fine in the other builds... Is it connected via PS/2 or USB? Or is it wireless? It could be a malfunctioning port on your motherboard as well.. :)

I just can't fathom an operating system change would affect your mouse.

Try going to Control Panel > System, click the Device Manager link, and expand Mice & other pointing devices.

Are there any yellow flags there?

If not, try unplugging, making sure both ends have a tight connection.

Restart.

If this doesn't work, there is another possible solution.

"I just can't fathom an operating system change would affect your mouse."

No your right Reghakr.. It shouldn't affect it at all.. that's what made me think it might be a malfunctioning port... or loose connection is also a good point.. ;)

"I just can't fathom an operating system change would affect your mouse."

No your right Reghakr.. It shouldn't affect it at all.. that's what made me think it might be a malfunctioning port... or loose connection is also a good point.. ;)
All mice are not created equal:D

PS/2 mouse may be functioning well as long as it is not damaged and is well seated in its Port.
USB mouse is at times temperamental.
Wireless mice show more "mood swings" : sometimes too depressed to react.
Therefore any question about a specific device must always have its actual make and model so answers can be based on a little more solid foundation. That is my 2¢ on an unruly mouse.:)

Hea,

You're describing my last girlfriend, but I made sure I was seated deeply in the "port"

Its an USB Mouse just an normal microsoft model nothing special, in the device manager it says its an HID-compliant mouse which is working properly.

ravr,

Try unplugging the mouse from the back of the computer, then plug it back in and see if it says something like installing new software.

If that doesn't do it, unplug it again and restart your computer and [lug it back in again after Windows fully loads. You should now get the message above.

Also, try a different port to plug it into.

did that but it didnt help :(\

Its kinda weird. because i dont really think its the mouse because it works good sometimes and other times it just makes me pissed because if have to click a dozen times for it reacts. i've never had any problems before with the mouse. could it be a win7 bug?

Last edited:
So, at no time did you get the message stating installing new software?

Do you have a PS/2 mouse that you could try.?

give this link a try:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

It said it was installing new driver software.. i even downloaded the software.. thought it was microsoft :p but it was a logitech mx310 (the logo faded out XD) anyway i dont have a ps2 mouse around here i think.. i do have some usb>ps2 converters i'll try one of those

did that but it didnt help :(\

Its kinda weird. because i dont really think its the mouse because it works good sometimes and other times it just makes me pissed because if have to click a dozen times for it reacts. i've never had any problems before with the mouse. could it be a win7 bug?

Just to rule out or rule in that the problem might be with your MS Optical USB Mouse (I guess it is an optical mouse and not wireless) for which you did not have to install any software from a CD, and NOT your MS Windows 7 ( Bit and Build unspecified in the post) , if you have another Computer with a USB mouse try swapping them and then test their responses in each system and please post your observation.

Is the mouse click problem experienced in any specific application(s) or "universal" for example internet Explorer, while working on Microsoft Word, When trying to edit an image in Paint etc in the current system running Win 7? Here the major thrust of my inquiry is on mouse setup itself.

yea already tried that.

i dunno i'll just reinstall w7 and hope its gone i think thats the fastest way :p

Windows 7 RC will be relaesed to the public on May 4th.

If you plan on installing, which I would highly recommend, just wait for that.

yea already tried that.

i dunno i'll just reinstall w7 and hope its gone i think thats the fastest way :p
In that case it is better not to make any changes to the current hardware setup and that way you will know whether your initial setup had any file corruption during installation or subsequently with other software installation. I hope you are going for a Clean install not upgrade path on an existing older Version of Windows like XP or Vista.

ok :p i tested my mouse on an other pc with windows xp and it showed the same problems. so i guess my mouse is just broken :p nothing to do with w7 XD

ok :p i tested my mouse on an other pc with windows xp and it showed the same problems. so i guess my mouse is just broken :p nothing to do with w7 XD
That was precisely my suspicion and thank you for your feed back.
I wanted to spare you all the trouble of reinstalling a normally working system just for the sake of a mouse which would have behaved just the same way once agian in the new system. I wanted you to provide the last piece of evidence to convict this mouse guilty as suspected and that's why I suggested the mouse swap between systems!

Back