Windows 10 Mouse Problem In Windows 10 Build 10041

Safal Piya

I had recently updated my Windows 10 Build 9926 To Build 10041 in my computer. Every thing was going right. But sometime, my mouse acts crazy. My keyboard works, my mouse pointer moves but I cannot click any where. When I move/click on mouse, I got a crazy sound. Also the Win Key works, and my start menu is opened. I can move around my apps through the keyboard. But my mouse is crazy. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hi,
have you tried removing the mouse and then plugging it back in? Also just check a bit of dust isn't hampering the optical sensor. Please post the make and model of your mouse.

Well I have a Dell mouse, I don't make more detail about it. It didn't happened with me before the build update. Is it because of my slow system or something. My computer details:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview
OS Version: 10.0.10041 N/A Build 10041
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Product ID: 00137-10010-52743-AA124
Original Install Date: 4/3/2015, 9:42:18 PM
System Boot Time: 4/5/2015, 6:53:24 PM
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 580
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: x64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~
3067 Mhz
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A05, 5/12/2010
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Time Zone: (UTC+05:45) Kathmandu
Total Physical Memory: 2,999 MB
Available Physical Memory: 1,265 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 6,071 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 4,242 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 1,829 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Domain: WORKGROUP
Hotfix(s): 3 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB3046049
[02]: KB3050284
[03]: KB3050653
Network Card(s): 1 NIC(s) Installed.
DHCP Enabled: Yes
Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes
Second Level Address Translation: Yes
Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

The trouble is with testing beta operating systems nobody knows for sure. It might be down to the fact you upgraded as apposed to doing a clean install. Why not try a reset or create an iso from the ESD files?
This guide will show you how to create an iso from the upgrade files. If a clean install doesn't fix it then it might be case of incompatibility. Don't forget to pass on your findings to Microsoft.
http://woshub.com/how-to-convert-install-esd-in-to-iso-image/

Just upgraded from 9926 to 10041 now my right mouse button is dead, no menu no nothing. right button ok - hp 2000 64bit

Try using different USB ports as not all are exactly the same. Also have you tried using a different mouse? This will give you an idea if it's the mouse or the os which is at fault.

Yes, and where can I download the build 10049? I haven't got the download from the official Windows 10 Downloads.

I had tested different mouses but this didn't seems to solve this problem. I think that this is the OS fault.

As suggested Try upgrading to build 10049. If you haven't got the download yet then go into settings and change over to the fast ring. You'll then see it pop up in Windows update.

As suggested Try upgrading to build 10049. If you haven't got the download yet then go into settings and change over to the fast ring. You'll then see it pop up in Windows update.
But I didn't get the Build 10049 update in my windows update. Is there any link to this download?

Are you in 'the fast ring'?
- go to the message center in the lower right corner of the screen
- click on 'All settings' then select 'Update..'
- In 'Update...' click on 'Advanced options'
- In Advanced options you select 'Fast'
Next time you follow the same procedure to go to the 'Update' screen, and the 10049 update should appear. It may take one or more days.

I don't know if there is a direct link to 10049, I could not find it, but that may be a matter of time.

One more thing, I am on a Dutch version, names of screens are translated you may see slightly different names. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
Are you in 'the fast ring'?
- got to the message center in the lower right corner of the screen
- click on 'All settings' then select select 'Update..'
- In 'Update... ' click on 'Advanced options'
- In Advanced options you select 'Fast'
A next time you follow the same procedure to go to the 'Update' screen, and the 10049 update should appear. It may take one or more days.

I don't know if there is a direct link to 10049, I could not find it, but it maybe is it a matter of time.

One more thing, I am on a Dutch version, names of screens are translated you may seen slightly different names. Sorry for that.
Yes I got the update. Thanks !!! :D But what is the size of the update? I have a slow internet connection.

Now an another problem. Now, my windows update is just checking for update for an hour. That means my windows update just crashed. How can I solve it? Please help me.

I had recently updated my Windows 10 Build 9926 To Build 10041 in my computer. Every thing was going right. But sometime, my mouse acts crazy. My keyboard works, my mouse pointer moves but I cannot click any where. When I move/click on mouse, I got a crazy sound. Also the Win Key works, and my start menu is opened. I can move around my apps through the keyboard. But my mouse is crazy. PLEASE HELP ME.

Hello. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 following its official release and I am experiencing what appears to be the exact same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue? If so what steps were necessary? Thank you. -Frank

Back