Windows 7 MSN Gaming Zone From Windows XP On Windows 7.

MSN Games Win7 (640x375).jpg

MSN Win7 2 (640x375).jpg

I found this interesting post over on this forum on how to run MSN Gaming Zone. That's the
Internet games,Internet Reversi, Internet Hearts and other games that comes with Windows XP on Windows 7.
Source:Last post on the thread.
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171588-how-do-i-enable-windows-xp-internet-games-in-windows-81
If you have Windows XP you first need to copy the MSN Gaming Zone folder found in Programs on C Drive from XP onto Windows 7. You should place the folder in Programs, C Drive on Windows 7.
Then run the registry edit then restart your computer before you run the games.
As you can see in my pictures I now have MSN gaming Zone from Windows XP runing on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista but sadly they do not work on Windows 8. Probably because Windows 8 has different registry entries from that of Windows Vista and 7.

I would be very careful with XP. It's not technically capable anymore. It can't handle newer programming, thus it is a safety hazard. My opinion, based on reading, perhaps someone more capable could reply?

In private use, Xp works. But what you give also tells that information about you will be sent. And XP doesn't match new requirements. I may be paranoid but The fact that you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is after you.

I would be very careful with XP. It's not technically capable anymore. It can't handle newer programming, thus it is a safety hazard. My opinion, based on reading, perhaps someone more capable could reply?

In private use, Xp works. But what you give also tells that information about you will be sent. And XP doesn't match new requirements. I may be paranoid but The fact that you are paranoid doesn't mean that no one is after you.

Yes that's true. XP is no longer supported so you should not be using it now.
But I have found that most of the Windows XP programs will run on Windows 7. So you can copy the software you like over from XP onto Windows 7 and 8. You can even run software from older versions of Windows such as Windows 95 on both 7 and 8 but doing the same thing.

I found out how to get MSN Gaming Zone from XP working on 7 from this post here from another forum.
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171588-how-do-i-enable-windows-xp-internet-games-in-windows-81

http://cafeauaneagra.blogspot.ro/2012/04/reversi-strategia-instalarii-pe-windows.html

Which link to a post on another website telling you how to do this. The blog post is in Romainian but you can read it with Google Translate as I did. You basically have to copy the registry keys from Windows XP and add them to Windows 7.
The XP Internet games work on all versions of Windows I have tried, on Vista and Windows Server 2008 but not on Windows 8. I think because maybe the registry on 8 is slightly different but I don't know.
I am not using XP now because there is no more updates. I use mostly Windows 7. I only keep XP to copy files that's all.

Back
Top Bottom