Windows 10 Multiple Personality BSOD

Still crashing, and i can no longer revert back to windows 7.
Would dell datasafe local backup program revert me back to original factory settings of windows 7?

Still crashing, and i can no longer revert back to windows 7.
Would dell datasafe local backup program revert me back to original factory settings of windows 7?
To be honest I'm unsure but at a guess I doubt it. Didn't you read my last post?

So your over the 31 day limit?

I passed the tryout period for windows 10. I'm stuck with it now. Should i reinstall windows?

I've had a lot more bsod's this past week. One time windows wouldn't start, but instead displayed a screen which basically said "you need a new hard drive.."

Many times it does start, and i notice a Graphic lag before the BSOD. First it wont show my mouse move, or a video will begin skipping frames, then nothing moves, then it crashes.

It often starts up displaying:
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.24 (10/07/10)
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

The CPU speed often hits 60C with microsoft word open...

Does any of this help solve the issue?

I've had a lot more bsod's this past week. One time windows wouldn't start, but instead displayed a screen which basically said "you need a new hard drive.."
Run Seatools and check the drive:
SeaTools | Seagate

Run a chkdsk make sure you check for and repair broken sectors:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

It often starts up displaying:
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.24 (10/07/10)
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Check your boot order and if need be change it so that your HDD is first. The above means the machine is trying boot through the network and the network cable is missing.

Should i reinstall windows?
Hmm... What are you going to use for drivers? As I said earlier you do not have any driver support for windows 10. You could try and risk it but may end up with Windows 10 installed but no sound or network.

Just a thought, it might be worth you checking the Dell forums and see if any other users with the same laptop have found any drivers or similar advice on your machine using Windows 10.

Thanks for all your help.

I gave up ont he computer, and recently gave it another shot. I uninstalled everything, and it's been running fairly well. I figured i should just make clean reinstallation once i already uninstalled evrything. It would make the computer fresh again..

I have a program on my dell called dell datasafe. It claims it cna restore my compputer to factory settings. Woudl it bring me back to windows 7? I can't seem to find info anywhere.

And if i completely reset windows, would i lose the dell datasafe option to go back to windows 7 (if it works at all)?

It claims it cna restore my compputer to factory settings. Woudl it bring me back to windows 7?
As long as the partition is still ok that holds the data then it might work. It may not activate however as you have had windows 10 installed longer than 31 days.

I don't recommend doing either a clean install or a 'Reset' as this will remove all your drivers and you do not have any windows 10 versions to download. Others may have tried it and found drivers that have worked which is why I suggested finding a Dell laptop forum.

I was long past the win10 rollback date, but I found a rcovery disk of my original OS, which I proceeded to install. I'm back to windows 7, and I ahve to say, I don't miss Cortana!

Anyways, i unfortunately had another bsod today (actually 2 of them).....i updated all the windows updates (took many hours), and my newly recovered win7 is a mere 2 days old!

attached is the diagnostic.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• W7F_05-02-2016.zip
    447.3 KB · Views: 339
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007a3fb10, fffffa8007a3fdf0, fffff80002d97750}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
different os same problem... This might be down to a hardware issue but we'll run some checks. Looking at your drivers did you update them after installing windows 7?
Anyway you'll find later versions on your system support page (Update everything) Make sure you pay particular attention to the Intel drivers especially chipset. Many of your drivers are dated 2010 whilst the versions available online are dated 2013. It's extremely important you update everything.
Product Support | Dell US

Ensure 'hybrid sleep' is enabled in the advance power options.

You ran a chkdsk already so we know the HDD should be ok.

Code:
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.
This above exception might mean you have some faulty RAM.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Hi. . .

Did you yet run HDD diagnostics suggested by kemical?

SeaTools for DOS, LONG test. If not, please run it!

My guess here - either HDD is bad or the OS is corrupted.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Thanks both of you for your help.

As for the drivers: The driver updates on the dell website apply to all forms of upgrade for the n5050 dell inspiron. Some fo them are for i5's, some for better graphics cards...I don't fully understand it, but i can tell you that i have downloaded htem all, and most dont apply to my machine, and the ones that do are updated.

I have already run a checkdisk, as i mentioned earlier and it found no errors.
I just finished 12 hours of the memtest you referred me to and it also found no errors.
My sleep mode was NOT on hybrid.
Even after changing it to hybrid, i still got another bsod yesterday (blue screen image uploaded). The windows 7 diagnostic app grabs the same dump file dated from 4 days ago. Does that mean the bsod didnt save?

Any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_090805.jpg
    IMG_20160207_090805.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20160206_193823.jpg
    IMG_20160206_193823.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 336
If no dump file was found are your settings still the same? No dump file can be caused by incorrect settings, a pagefile that's too low or HDD problems.
If you download a app called speedfan, install it, run it and across the top choose SMART. You'll see where you can choose your drive from a drop down menu. This will give the the drives 'SMART' values. These will give a basic idea to the drives health. Furthermore you'll also notice a button for an 'online report' about your drive. These are worth looking at if only to give you some idea on the health of your drive.
Speedfan

I noticed in your photo's that your RAM sticks are slightly different sizes. Try running just on one, if you still bsod then swap over and try the other. Bit of a pain i know but it's something that I'd try as you just never know..

Try running the driver verifier and see what it turns up. If you start to bsod on start up, boot into safe mode and turn it off. Hopefully the offending driver, if it is a driver, will be shown in the dump.
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Did driver verifier, came up with some dumps. Attached

To test one ram at a time..could i take one out, then run the verifier..then switch them and run the verifier..It would be a real hassle to use the computer regularly on each one ram stick...

And is there a way to do a true clean install of my OS. My current windows 7 was from a recovery disk of my HD which i made when i got the comp. It comes with dell stuff, and isnt a truly clean Win7 install. When i tried DL'ing the win7 iso from microsoft, it wouldnt let me install with my DELL win7 key, b/c they said dell locked it. And when i called Dell, they said to get a cd from them would have to be under their warranty, whicih theyll hcarge over 100$ to get...ridiculous!

Attachments

• W7F_07-02-2016.zip
    479.4 KB · Views: 337
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffff980000000e2, 2, 0, fffff80002d68944}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cewd64f.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cewd64f.sys
Probably caused by : cewd64f.sys ( cewd64f+3e36 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all three dumps were the same and blamed:
cewd64f.sys Tue Jun 23 12:51:26 2015: This files most often belongs to product cewd64f.sys. and were most often developed by company CovenantEyes.
Internet Accountability and Filtering | Covenant Eyes
I recommend removing this application and this could also be why you were seeing bsod's in win 10 and win 7 if this app was installed in both?

To really get a true clean install then you need the actual Windows 7 install iso. You can of course still buy Windows 7 from vendors and in fact I did a quick search and found copies going for £30-40 totally legal too. I guess with it basically being an almost obsolete os the price has fallen somewhat.

See how you go with the app removal, oh and don't forget what i said about Speedfan.

My windows 10 was bsod'ing even when i uninstalled the program. Though im currently typing from my windows 7 on driver verifier which has been running for 24 hours, and havent bsod'd yet..so maybe this time that file is the issue.

attached is the speedfan result. Dont understand alot.

Attachments

• speedfan.jpg
    speedfan.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 421
In that case turn it off. Looking at the speedfan report I'd hazard your issues lay in your HDD or the cables used to attach the drive. I'd replace both asap.

I figured that error of the DMA CRC rate in the speedfan report was a glitch. Look at the "ideal" value range: 100-$issue.params[2] . Looks like jibberish to me.

The marker for it though is in the red. In any case one can see that the drive is perhaps questionable. I did ask you to run this above but got no reply:
Run Seatools and check the drive:
SeaTools | Seagate

Back