Windows 7 Multiple problems in OS installation

hsevna

I have problem in windows 7 OS installation.Here are the details of the problems which i came across
first of all for clean installation i deleted the existing OS and there is no existing OS in my laptop.I have 48GB of unallocated space but unable to use it to make a primary partition and I have 4 partitions and 2 of them are encrypted with bit locker and i forgot encryption key (48-digit) but i remember bit locker password. i accidentally converted my hard drive to dynamic, so when i tried to install OS its showing an error msg as one or more multiple dynamic hard drives detected.So what i need is that to convert my dynamic disk to basic for OS installation and need to decrypt the encrypted partitions. ALL I NEED IS TO INSTALL OS WITHOUT DATA LOSS AND DECRYPT MY PARTITIONS WITH PASSWORD....Thanks in advance.

ALL YOU NEED . . . is a large miracle! I know of no way in which you can decrypt the data having deleted the system in which the encryption key was created.

Atleast can i convert dynamic drive to basic without formatting and what if i connect my hard drive to another windows 7 laptop,then can i unlock bitlocker with password.

Sorry, no - you need the key stored within the system on which it was set up - and you've deleted that. You could try running a file recovery but after all you've done to the drive that's a very forlorn hope.

So there's no use in installing linux or some other platform OS. Shall i lose all my hope on my data and format hard drive in order to install os

Afraid so - if it were that easy to access secured data it wouldn't be secure. :-(

i wiped out my hard disk but when i am installing os, its shows an error "
Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate a existing system partition."
what shall i do now

All I can think of is to un- and re-partition the disk. Windows installation isn't the brightest star, I would suggest

GParted, http://gparted.org/ or
AOMEI http://www.aomeitech.com/

Both work via BIOS = you need to burn a CD or DVD, and boot through them = press Delete or F8 at startup, it varies a bit with Motherboard, and may require a few tries = restarts, as it all goes very fast. At POST = the white letters at start, you should see the message with options, and you can press Pause to halt it, to clearly find out about it, then press Esc to continue.

There is a slight possibility to recover data, viz. by AOMEI, but it's quite hypothetical.

Most probably you need to un-partition everything, then re-partition. To quote myself again, it's a wise move to have Windows [and crucial programs] installed in C, but to have your personal stuff in another partition, preferably another disk. That way, you won't loose your personals when re-installing Windows.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's the best I can do. Honesty, you know?

Last edited:
Yes - wipe drive completely, remove all partitions, create a new primary partition. As Pauli suggests, use no more than about 100gb for drive C and use it only for your operating system and applications programs. Crate a second partition to store all your data, downloads etc. That way, again as Pauli says, you don't lose all your data when you reinstall Windows. It's also a good idea to have an external drive to keep backup copies of your system drive and your data. Another bootable partitioning tool is Easeus Partition Manager - free from here:

http://www.easeus.com/download/partition-manager.html

When you get the can't create a partition, there is usually a simple reason. For instance, if you already have one of the normal required partitions on the drive, it cannot recreate it. What needs to be done is remove those partitions. The ones with the Bitlocker, if they are not any of the required partitions should not be a problem.

I have never used Bitlocker, but I was under the impression you could copy the key to a flash drive with some specific procedure. Did you, by any chance, do something like that? I also understand the key might be kept in the special partition created during a normal install of the OS. Since we do not yet know what type of install you had, it is hard to tell, but again, I may be mistaken about this part.

If there was some way to get a picture of your current partition configuration possibly from a third party partition management software, or a Partition listing from Diskpart, it might help. I would not use EaseUS, if you have a UEFI install, until it has been shown they have repaired their problem.

It's also a good idea to have an external drive to keep backup copies of your system drive and your data.
British Encyclopaedia

I sometimes envy cavemen, their big problem was to control fire. We need to control the invisible, unseen, not predictable.

Not an answer to you, hsevna, but this is how I am. Best wishes, all the way.

Last edited:
Back