Soulja Pixii

Ummm,
I think this is just some crap wiring or something but all of a sudden my CD drive just disappeared. Its come back twice over the past week but whenever i move it (its a laptop) it seems to go away again. It doesnt show up in boot menu, device manager, or My Computer. I tried opening up my laptop but couldnt get to the CD drive. I just need to know if I need a new drive. If not how do i fix! It is really frustrating me because I just got a new game off a friend (Sims 2) and i want to play! I managed to install it (one of the 2 times the cd drive was working) I played for a bit and went to bed. When i woke up the CD drive had disappeared again!

ps. "Sims 2 has known compatibility issues" It worked but do I need to worry about this?

I have an Acer Aspire 5720Z

It does sound like somethings got loose, is the lappie still under warranty?

Solution
I got this off a friend and he said the warranty was 1 yr (he could have been wrong though) and thats how old the laptop was then but now it is about 18 months old

And how much would getting someone to fix it for me cost? I could easy do it myself on a desktop but Its just so hard to get the laptop open!

Last edited:
I'm not sure but if you check around you might find some deals.. Always get at least three quotes before handing anything over...