Windows 7 My CD/DVD drive is missing

Soulja Pixii

Ummm,
I think this is just some crap wiring or something but all of a sudden my CD drive just disappeared. Its come back twice over the past week but whenever i move it (its a laptop) it seems to go away again. It doesnt show up in boot menu, device manager, or My Computer. I tried opening up my laptop but couldnt get to the CD drive. I just need to know if I need a new drive. If not how do i fix! It is really frustrating me because I just got a new game off a friend (Sims 2) and i want to play! I managed to install it (one of the 2 times the cd drive was working) I played for a bit and went to bed. When i woke up the CD drive had disappeared again!

ps. "Sims 2 has known compatibility issues" It worked but do I need to worry about this?

I have an Acer Aspire 5720Z

It does sound like somethings got loose, is the lappie still under warranty?

I got this off a friend and he said the warranty was 1 yr (he could have been wrong though) and thats how old the laptop was then but now it is about 18 months old :(

And how much would getting someone to fix it for me cost? I could easy do it myself on a desktop but Its just so hard to get the laptop open!

Last edited:
I'm not sure but if you check around you might find some deals.. Always get at least three quotes before handing anything over...

Back
Top Bottom