Windows 10 My cursor keeps loading (blue circle)

Sparkyjohan

So I updated the to the newest update tonight, automatic update.
I've experienced trouble with my cursor, it keeps loading as if I have a program running in the background making it load even though I've checked my task manager and I can't find any program that would do it. At least not a third party program.
And as I just updated windows 10 it would seem its on the OS's part.
I've also checked other forums and videos explaining how it is due to the program Simple Pass by HP though I have searched for such a program and been left empty handed looking through the cortana search.

You can also call the look of the cursor to have the hourglass non-stop like a flash.
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

It might clear up some things if we knew the EXACT version of W10 you are running as there are now dozens of versions out there since W10 release date of 7.29.2015. Click on the Start button in W10, and use the <windows-logo-key> + <R-key>which brings up the run command box. Type in the command "winver" into and W10 will pop up a box similar to this:
W10 WINVER CMD STUDIO540 9-17-16.JPG

**NOTE: we need both the Version number (ver.1511 here) as well as the OS Build number (B10586.589) show in the picture above here in the Red Box.

You should get the latest version of W10 and the latest OS build as here: v1607 OS Build 14393.222.
If you didn't get this from your Winver, you are possibly missing some other updates, your Windows registry has become corrupted, you have a virus infection, or you have a hardware failure (such as a bad RAM stick or Hard Drive). In troubleshooting these kinds of problems it is customary for you to tell us some basic information about your computer, such as the Make/Model, is it a desktop PC or a laptop? Is it an OEM computer (HP, Acer, Dell, Toshiba)? Or is it a self-built PC or a custom-built PC if so we need full hardware specs including Make/Model of Motherboard, GPU card, RAM sticks, and PSU Make/Model/Wattage.

The simplest issue has been for the last 3 weeks the October update as well as the last couple of September updates have been crashing W10 computers left and right. So far out of tens of thousands of people who seem to be getting these updates, they are still buggy and only 4 people we know of have gotten an update to run and install without issue. At this point, your best bet is to backup all your personal data including your library folders to external media if you haven't done so prior to this update coming in and messing things up. Then try to "rollback" your computer using the built-in Windows System Restore utility. Rollback to 2-3 days ago prior to your update coming into your computer and see if all is well. If it is then you have fixed it! :up:

In order to keep it fixed you must change your computer to refuse any new W10 updates from Microsoft until we can tell you that they've fixed their problem. To do this, go into Windows Update (WU) and disable it temporarily along with disabling WUDO as here: Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ.

If you are intested in the gory details of all the various W10 AU (Anniversary Update) issues, search here on our forum for AU or Anniversary Update; there are now 4 or 5 threads about this subject, and I've written posts on most of them.

Sorry to hear about you having this problem.

P.S. If you absolutely must have the latest AU update on your computer, you'll have to have a current backup of your personal data as I mentioned, an image backup is the best using a free software such as Macrium, Acronis, or EASETodo. Then you'll have to do a W10 Clean Install using the MCT tool from the Microsoft site on DVD or USB media as here: Windows 10. **IMPORTANT: If you decide to do this, you'll have to reinstall ALL YOUR PROGRAMS from scratch and restore your data from your external media where you backed it up to prior to starting the Clean Install of W10.***

Let us know how it goes.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back