My games keep crashing with DRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFER

Hello!

I just recently got a better PC so I could play videogames, however, every time I play certain games, 15-45 minutes in the game crashes and I have to manually shut down my computer and physically turn it back on. I already looked around and I've tried reinstalling my drivers.
I verified my drivers and got a dump file saying the DRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFER was probably caused by 'ntkrnlmp.exe.' I don't really know where to go from here, so if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it!

Thank you!

Sorry, I'm new! Thank you, I followed those instructions and got this file.

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I would also upload your driver store information, there is a program in the link I posted on how to upload that info. Many of these BSODs are pointing to your bluetooth driver, so I would start by making sure that is current from the manufacturers site. If there are updates for any other drivers I would upgrade them as well.

I'm sorry I thought I had the right file, but it says everything is copied now to this file? Please bare with me, I'm not the best at fixing computers.

Attachments

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 192, {ffffe001d6a88840, ffffe001d470d4d0, 2, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for btwavdt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for btwavdt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcbtums.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcbtums.sys
Probably caused by : btwavdt.sys ( btwavdt+29b86 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,.
almost all of your dump files are like the above and the probable cause relates to Broadcom Bluetooth:

btwavdt.sys Mon Oct 20 19:52:45 2014: Broadcom Bluetooth AVDT Service. Please update if possible:
Downloads | Broadcom

Post any new dump files.

I updated the drivers last night and I haven't been having trouble since! Thanks a ton, I hope this problem doesn't return soon. :)

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I hope this problem doesn't return soon.
If it does post back with any new dump files. Best of luck!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.