Windows 7 My laptop suddenly stopped finding wireless connections

Goodstuff

Last night i was browsing the web with my laptop as i suddenly dissconneced. I tried to reconnect, but it stopped showing me the options of connect to the wireless connections. The icon in the bottom right corner only shows grey bars with a red cross. My drivers are up to date and i have not touched the manual LAN swich on the front of the computer.

I'm using a Vaio VGN-FS495VP with an Intel(R) PRO networkcard.

I don't think the problem is due to an update as it happened so suddenly as it did.
I've tried restarting restarting the computer, resetting the router and a complete 10 min shut down of both f them simultaniously.

Any suggestion of what to do?

Last edited:
Last night i was browsing the web with my laptop as i suddenly dissconneced. I tried to reconnect, but it stopped showing me the options of connect to the wireless connections. The icon in the bottom right corner only shows grey bars with a red cross. My drivers are up to date and i have not touched the manual LAN swich on the front of the computer.

I'm using a Vaio VGN-FS495VP with an Intel(R) PRO networkcard.

I don't think the problem is due to an update as it happened so suddenly as it did.
I've tried restarting restarting the computer, resetting the router and a complete 10 min shut down of both f them simultaniously.

Any suggestion of what to do?

Check device manager to make sure the driver is installed and working by
Please go to start>search>type device manager.
Are there any "unknown devices" with yellow triangles on them?
Is you driver there , listed, and working?

If your driver is missing, or there is a yellow triangle on it, you will need to update it.

Back
Top Bottom