Windows 7 My PC shuts down or freezes for good

Magnumutz

Hello, i recently managed to get rid of those annoying BSoDs, thanks to the support team here.
Now, i'm facing something even worse (i think).
Las night was the first time when my PC froze for good. Nothing worked anymore, not even mouse. So, i left it stay like that for 5 minutes, in the hope that it will BSoD and i'll get a minidump, it didn't happen (so, no minidump). I had to power it off. I gave it a minute and then powered it on. After a minute or two of use, it shut down. So i left it like that until this morning.
When i woke up 30 minutes ago, i powered it on and started using it like normally, after 10 minutes or so of plain websurfing, it froze again, and i had to shut it down. Ever since, i tried powering on but it keeps shutting off after a minute or two of being on.

My PC is made of these:
- AMD Athlon x2 7850 BE processor
- ASRock K10N78FullHD-hSLI R3.0 motherboard
- XILENCE Power Supply 480 Watts, Rev.3, ATX 2.3
- ASUS nVidia EN9800GT Graphics Card
- Kingmax 2x 2GB RAM
- Antec Nine Hundred case.
- Can't remember name of 500 GB HDD

I'm writing all these off of my brother's laptop, as i can't use my pc anymore, it keeps shutting down.

Please help!

This sounds like a hardware failure or heat problem. First open the case and clean out all the accumulated gunk. Canned air works great for this. You might be surprised what's in there. Second make sure all the fans spin easily. If not, after cleaning them (Q-tips help here) you might try adding a SMALL amount of a good lubricant. This could also be a bad power supply (see the first 2 cleaning tips). You can also try to reseat all connectors although it does sound more like a heat failure rather than a seating failure. Anything more than these require a little more experience with PCs and hardware. A competent technician is probably waranted

Thing is that i recently cleaned my pc as i added a new fan to the power supply and basically teared everything apart and cleaned everything piece by piece. The PC worked flawlessly since i got rid of the BSoDs.
However, i'm going to do what you told me, just to make sure.

Adding a new fan to a power supply is not something most folks would be able to do. Did your problems begin before that?

If it is heat, sometimes placing an external fan might help diagnose it.

Did you ever remove the CPU fan and replace?

Can you boot into safe mode and will it run longer there?

Perhaps a link to the other thread might help to see what you had done up to now.

Heating sure isn't a problem as it's 10 degrees Celsius outside, and i've got 5 120mm fans on this Antec Ninehundred case.
So, i just bought a new 620W power supply and everything is good.
It looks like the extra fans that i added were the problem.
The PSU couldn't take it no more, not even with the extra fans disconnected.
It was pretty old, being a 3 years old 480W PSU.
I've calculated my wattage needed for my PC and it should be about 312W (recommended by eXtreme Power Supply Calculator).
Hope this link helps others too, it helped me understand that my 3 years old PSU wasn't enough anymore to sustain my PC, as PSUs tend to lose some of their initial wattage output.

Hello, i recently managed to get rid of those annoying BSoDs, thanks to the support team here.
Now, i'm facing something even worse (i think).
Las night was the first time when my PC froze for good. Nothing worked anymore, not even mouse. So, i left it stay like that for 5 minutes, in the hope that it will BSoD and i'll get a minidump, it didn't happen (so, no minidump). I had to power it off. I gave it a minute and then powered it on. After a minute or two of use, it shut down. So i left it like that until this morning.
When i woke up 30 minutes ago, i powered it on and started using it like normally, after 10 minutes or so of plain websurfing, it froze again, and i had to shut it down. Ever since, i tried powering on but it keeps shutting off after a minute or two of being on.

My PC is made of these:
- AMD Athlon x2 7850 BE processor
- ASRock K10N78FullHD-hSLI R3.0 motherboard
- XILENCE Power Supply 480 Watts, Rev.3, ATX 2.3
- ASUS nVidia EN9800GT Graphics Card
- Kingmax 2x 2GB RAM
- Antec Nine Hundred case.
- Can't remember name of 500 GB HDD

I'm writing all these off of my brother's laptop, as i can't use my pc anymore, it keeps shutting down.

Please help!

Frozen of computer means, your hardware configuration is not supporting your software anymore. AMD processors are not measured in fast processors, you should go for intel latest processor, Increase your RAM and keep updated anti virus program.

Looks like you don't know much about PCs...
Like i explained earlier, my PSU was overwhelmed by my fans, got me a new one that fits my needs.
You should go take some english lessons, because you kinda suck at explaining.

Back