Windows 7 Need Advice on Buying A Netbook

Grivien

We need to get a netbook or small, cheap, laptop for back up.

If my or my husbands pc goes, we need it. And we definately need it if the router goes wrong again, we need something mobile to fix it with the disc.

The thing is, we can't spend more than £200 and only a bit more than that if it comes to it.
I looked at the netbooks, and there's some ones we could afford. But no cd drive.
We would like to keep it under £50 or close if possible.

Could we get a netbook, then buy a seperate drive, and use it as a in built drive if it came to it. Like for the router.
Or do we have to buy a cheap laptop instead.

We really need something mobile and laptop based.

Can anyone help? And netbooks or cheap laptops you could reccomend?

I use both laptop and netbook for different purposes. I have an external optical drive for the netbook but only because I occasionally need one and I generally find the lighter weight and smaller size convenient. If you know you will normally nee an optical drive there is no advantage going for a netbook and separate optical drive and it will almost certainly be more expensive so I'd look for a small laptop. You don't give any information about where you are so it is difficult to recommend a laptop supplier but I have made a number of good second hand purchases on ebay.

I use both laptop and netbook for different purposes. I have an external optical drive for the netbook but only because I occasionally need one and I generally find the lighter weight and smaller size convenient. If you know you will normally nee an optical drive there is no advantage going for a netbook and separate optical drive and it will almost certainly be more expensive so I'd look for a small laptop. You don't give any information about where you are so it is difficult to recommend a laptop supplier but I have made a number of good second hand purchases on ebay.

I should have said were we are. We live in england.

The laptops are a bit beyond our price range. :( The £200 I said was extremely generous, and way optimistic. Have'nt tried ebay, though.
We've got about £120 in nector points to put towards it. That would be for a cheap laptop more. Nector points don't count on ebay, sadly.
I figured a cheap netbook and optical drive, would come to less than a laptop. And be more mobile for using in the car, if it came to it.
We saw netbooks for about £50, and and the drives don't cost horrible ammounts.
But a laptops better, really. We would be better spending less, though.

Now I said were we live, can you reccommend some cheap netbooks and laptops?

Had a quick look at Argos who will redeem Nectar points. Their cheapest netbook is around £150, cheapest laptop around £250 and cheapest external dvd drive about £50.

Back
Top Bottom