shane4u

Well I use an Acer AMD laptop and recently I started getting this error: amd_ags_x64.dll is missing error.

I did a research and found that we can download dll file and replace it with the corrupted one. I was thinking to download the file from Link Removed and was looking for your suggestions ?

Is it fine to download and replace the dll file or any tips?

Solution
I would also suggest caution when downloading. The one you downloaded did appear to have "a digital certificate", don't know if it's the correct one and did not get any hits on virus total. This file is part of the AMD graphics driver. My advice would be to download and re-install your graphics driver from Acer's driver support page for your particular model. That should add the missing DLL and register it on your system.

Do NOT download it! Files that you download from internet can contain viruses, worms, trojans.

You should do this first:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Last edited:
I would also suggest caution when downloading. The one you downloaded did appear to have "a digital certificate", don't know if it's the correct one and did not get any hits on virus total. This file is part of the AMD graphics driver. My advice would be to download and re-install your graphics driver from Acer's driver support page for your particular model. That should add the missing DLL and register it on your system.

Solution