Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Went through my closet and got got my 2 Corsair AF 140 Quit Edition fan's out. Put the red rings on them, so they're ready to go in the case when it arrives.
Case being ordered in about 13 hours.

Case is ordered now. Renewed Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and System Mechanic Standard.
Atari Game Collection on Steam needs to wait.
Went with Matte Black for the case, as I'm going with red lighting and eventually red led case fans.

Still debating on if I'm gonna get the NZXT Hue+ down the road. If I do, I'll make it's led strips blink to music or something.

Need to find out a few things first. Like if I can get a adaptor to turn its usb 2.0 plug work with molex or sata, as I'm gonna be out of usb ports on the motherboard.

Sounds good. I'll have to look into it. The Hue+ plus from what I understand comes with 4 led strips. The regular Hue only has one. Plus the Hue+'s are magnetic and the Hue's use tape. I don't trust my eye's with the tape and know it would be a waste of money just for one long strip that doesn't really stick good.
I want to get a TPM connector, too. I'll have to get that from Asus, as they changed the pin count for the TPM connector on their Z170 mobo's.

I got my wish. Newegg used FedEx for my case. FedEx operates on Saturdays, so I may have it a day sooner. I was figuring Wednesday or Thursday. Now it may be Monday or Tuesday.

I'm actually hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday. I have medical stuff Monday & Thursday.
Though, when I ordered my current pc's case, I received it the next day on a Saturday morning.
I very well may be building it tomorrow. I'll know sometime tonight when my tracking number is updated by FedEx.
I already have the number, they're just not as good as UPS or the USPS, in the tracking department. It probably won't give me any results until 11:00 P.M.

My usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 cable finally arrived. Glad it beat the case here, considering it was supposed to be here on March 23rd..

The fun has begun. Uninstalled my Steam, Origin and Uplay games on old pc. Uninstalled most software already. Only have EasyDuplicateFinder to go. Have to run it first, then deactivate it and uninstall it.
Then after Bitdefender Internet Security runs a full scan this morning, I have to remove my optical drives, hdd, 2nd ssd, video cards and memory card reader.
Then I'll put my old dvd-rw and hdd in this one and box it up for 2 months.
The case will be here sometime today.

The one I'm putting back in the old pc is a WD Caviar Black 1.0TB and the Seagate Barracuda & Intel 530 Series 480GB are going in the new one.
I'm also, leaving the old Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ssd in the old one, as the Samsung 850 EVO m.2 5000GB is replacing it in the new pc.
I'm taking out my 2 LiteON's (DVD-RW & Blu-ray REE0 out of the old one and putting them in the new one. I'm then putting my old Samsung SH-S223C back in the old one.
Then I have to clean my monitor, external hdd, speakers, printer, router, cable modem, mouse, keyboard and desk. Then I have to reorganize the desk. Putting the new one on the left top side of the desk this time, so my monitor can be centered to where I sit.
Medical stuff begins Thursday. I found out I have 8 more kidney stones yesterday, during my ultrasound.
Hopefully, I'll have everything re-installed by Thursday. The games and overclocking are gonna add a few hours. I had to uninstall a few games due to the Samsung 840 Pro 256GB running out of room and the Intel 530 Series 480GB not being able to fit all of them.
I'm figuring all my games will probably take 10-12 hours. The Asus AI Suite 3's 5-way Optimization will probably take a hour. It runs until the pc crashes and then loads the last good overclock settings in the UEFI after you approve it.

I'm out probably until Thursday afternnon. Bitdefender starts in 15 minutes and the this one goes out of commission.

Good luck with the build! Don't forget we need photo's of your new baby.. :)

Thanks. The pictures will probably be during the weekend or early next week. Expecting curveballs Thursday from the kidney stones. I'm planning on trying to get my urologist to admit me in the hospital Thursday after I see him. That way I'll have the MRI Thursday and both kidneys blasted Thursday night or Friday morning.
I have a feeling, I can get him to do it. Especially, as it's the 3rd time I've had them since November. Otherwise, it will be a 3 week affar. MRI next week some time. One kidney done the following week and the other kidney done the next week.

Case is really nice and is huge. Only 1 dislike. The plastic pieces that holf hdd's/ssd's absolute sucks in quality.I knew that part ahead of time and pressed on the drives themselves to lock them in the cage. SSD's sit too far back. I Hooke SATA & Power Cable end's that attach to it before sliding into the cage.
H.D.D. Gromments fall out after drive is pressed into them. I used screws instead.
Major problem: Motherboards cpu header doesn't work.
I guess, I have to order a replacement next month.
Thus, build is off for another month. Won't have new video cards and ips monitor until September now.
Back on old pc.
I left everything in the new pc, except my video cards.
Doctor put stents in and blasted kidney stones yesterday.
The Surgery Center was way behind time, though. They told me to be there at 9:00 A.M. and I was supposed to be operated on at 10:00 A.M.
They didn't register me until 10:00 A.M., then I saw the nurse that takes you back to where you go before the operation at 10:30 A.M.
A few doctor's had a bunch of knee replacement's. I figure those caused the delay. It was noon, by the time I was operated on and 2:30 P.M. when I was sent home.

Back