Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

My friend who works on pc's and can see better than me, found 14 bent cpu pins in the cpu header. I don't think I did that, as I never did it with a AMD based board.
Arctic fans, all case fans, and fan controller work. Monitor goes off as soon as you turn it on. Does that with both the case power button and motherboards start button. All fans and memory card reader work, work while the monitor light goes yellow after showing ViewSonic.
Same monitor, I'm using right now.

found 14 bent cpu pins in the cpu header
Oh I thought you meant the fan header... I guess there's no way to straighten them or have you already tried? Man I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened, let's hope it's resolved quickly and you can finish the build as per normal.

I definitely like the NZXT Phantom 820 better than my Corsair Carbide 500R.
The only thing better in the Carbide is the hdd/ssd mounts.
The Phantom 820 kicks its ass everywhere else.
Cable management galore, bottom hhd cage is removable with press of 2 buttonst built-in fan controller excepts any manufacturers fans and the side panels mounting is superior (unscrew& remove top & bottom thumbscrews, then loosen center thumbscrews and push down to left and side panels come off.
My Corsairs thumbscrews all stay hooked to sidepanel and both sides top thumbscrew won't screw in since first upgrade to pc over 2 1/2 years ago.
Was going bare minimum on reinstall on my old pc, but I got bored and reinstalled Steam. I'm only installing one game, though.
It should only be for 3-3 1/2 weeks, so I can get by with just Card Games Chest in Windows 10 and WWE 2K16 in Steam.
I almost forgot the cases best feature, removable dust filters everywhere. 1 200mm in front, 1 200mm. on left side panel, 2 200mm. up top, bottom front and rear dust filters ( psu and lower fan areas).
Front and top panels come off without any wires or plugins (USB 2.0/3.0, Power, Reset, Fan controller etc. hooked to them.
The 200mm. dust filters were designed well. They have different screw layouts from the fans. You can remove them to clean them without unscrewing the fans, except for the side panel one. It needs to come off, to get to it's filter. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a feeling I can loosen the 4 200mm side panel fan screws, then remove the dust filters screws and the dust filter.
I learned two thing's for when I put the new motherboard in next month.
1.Motherboard issue, not a case issue. Motherboard has plastic to the right and top of backpanel hookups.
Install 8-pin psu cable, waterpump and 4 watercooler fans first. Then screw motherboard into case.
2. Asus's front panel extender (Power, Reset, HDD Led, Speaker, etc.) is labeled wrong according to what the motherboard's header says.
Read motherboard header, connect wires to extender first and then plug it into motherboard.
Maybe, Asus fixed these issues, as I got the 1st motherboard in September.

Last edited:
What's happened about the motherboard with the bent pins? Did you get it replaced?

I've only ever got bent pins once in all the years I've been putting systems together... it was a gigabyte (they replaced it no problem) ... I wouldn't muck around trying to bend them back but yes, how did it turn out?.

Nothing has happened with the motherboard. I was operated on Friday. I then spent all day until 6:30P.M. in the hospital yesterday due to a weird side effect from Friday. Today, I have to try to get some sleep and see if Asus will do anything.
I doubt it, though.

I just filled out a support ticket with Asus. Hopefully, they'll do something.
Either way, though I can't do anything for 3 weeks.

Actually, I still feel the same. Had kidney stones blasted Friday. I still have to use bathroom every 20-30 minutes and it's still bloody.
I'm just hoping they do rma it. Then if they do, make the process fast.
I haven't heard that much good about Asus support on their forums, though. It seem's like 80-90% bad and 10-20% good.

Still haven't heard anything back from Asus.
I'm thinking next weekend, I'll remove the bad motherboard and put it back in it's box.
Then, I'll unwrap all the case wires in the back, so I can find the cases hue led lighting sta cable that's unhooked and mixed in there somewhere and hook it up.
I've heard of a lot of complaints about sound on the mobo, that has to do with the case hd sound wires touching other wires. I think I'll use some of the old hard plast ic wrap around I have on that hd audio wire and then use 3 or 4 of the Velcro ties to hold the wrap around on it.
Then, I still have to put my 2 Corsair AF 140 fans on the bottom.
Reason for that one is none of my screwdrivers would loosen the bottom hhd mount in my case that needs to be removed for one of the fans.
One of my screwdrivers was stolen a while back. I forgot all about the special tool I got for my mountain bike. It has mostly allan wrench bits, but it also has a few phillips screwdriver bits, so I'll see if it fits.

Oh, I'm not worried about it.I'm sure I'll be using it sometime in the 2nd week of May.
I'm just bored now, because I'm not putting my parts I took out of this pc back in this pc, just for a few eeks. I had to with the video cards, but my optical drives, ssd and hdd are staying put.
All my videos, etc are on that drive. So all my music andmovies are on it, too.
After, I put my old Samsung S223C DVD-RW in this pc, I realized it stopped working.
It's basically over boredom, as I won't really be able to sleep until either Tuesday or Friday.
When my kidney stones were blasted last week, they left the stent in me. Until it gets removed, I have to go to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes.
I get a xray tomorrow, so I'm hoping the stent goes on Tuesday.
They use short ones on me, so I have to be operated on for the removal of them.

Just what I expected, 1 week and still no reply back from Asus support.
Kidney Stent gets removed on Friday, per my demand. Was supposed to go next week, per my urologist.
Told him, I'm sick of vomiting 4+ times daily and pissing every 20-30 minutes, because of it.
As far as the vomiting, I'm thinking the stones weren't broken up the first time, like they said was done.

Last edited:
Finally got a email back from Asus after complaining to them. It just says I have to contact their eStore, It make's me think that I'm not going to like the result's.

Now Asus support is trying to play games with me. I had to get mean and let them know what I the soon to be ex customer is going to do if they don't refund my money.
They think I'm going to pay for a M.2 mount that screws into the motherboard and was supposed to come with the motherboard.
I let him know that I'm not buying anything, that was supposed to come with the motherboard I bought. I also let him know, what I'll be doing if I don't receive a full refund.
A: Contact all tv news channels and give them copies of all emails. B: Do the same with all computer & gaming magazines. C: Do the same on various tech forums, YouTube & Twitch.
Anyone care to guess how long it will take Asus to accept my faulty received motherboard back and issue my refund ??
I think I'll be checking out Gigabyte & MSI mobo's now.

Back