Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

They think I'm going to pay for a M.2 mount that screws into the motherboard and was supposed to come with the motherboard.
The M.2 mount was missing too?

Damn! I'm guessing the store you got the moBo from won't help at all?

I don't know what ASUS are like for RMA's as I've always used Gigabyte boards. Fingers crossed it's resolved quickly for you.

No, it's Asus's estore. That's the number he gave me.I know they're thinking that I'm gonna buy the M.2 mount & screw that was supposed to be in the motherboard's box. I'm not buying it and I let the guy know what I am going to do.
No full refund or new motherboard replacement with all parts for it, in it's box and I ruin them publicly. I don't want and won't accept a refurbed board.
I already know, they send there refurbs out really dirty and messed up. That information comes from their own forums.

The're so called Customer Service is non-existent.I can't use the words I want to here to describe it, as I be banned. Let's say, I wouldn't recommend Asus to a non-friend and leave it at that

So what will you do now? Wait and see if ASUS cough up or save for a new board?

I know a few Senators, too. One is a ex-Senator due to age & stopping working. Him, I've pretty much known my whole life, as his daughter & I went to school together since we were 5 years old.

I had a good look at the UD3/UD5 boards when I last upgraded. They have have extended warranties too if I remember correctly (although this only works if you live in the US, Europe doesn't seem to get the extra warranty stuff) In any case they are great boards and most Gigabyte boards come with a dual bios which can be handy.

It has dual bios & 2 M.2 slots. With one of the M.2 slots you lose most of the sata ports. With the other M.2 slot, you only lose 1. I'm gonna have to double check with their support on which one only loses 1, as I need 4 sata ports for what I have now.

Yeah mines a Z97X chipset so only the one M.2 slot although I doubt I'll ever use it to be honest. They are a bit too pricey for my liking.

Actually the prices aren't too bad for the one's your's will support. I got my Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 which isn't one of the newer NVMe ones for like $150.00. The price has dropped since then. Your mobo I don't think supports the NVMe ones, so you can get the older ones pretty cheap.
They're really small, too. Probably about 1/16 - 1/32 the thickness of a flash drive.

Thanks for the heads up.. I though the price would drop eventually, so it's started already cool..

Your welcome.
I'm thinking when I have the motherboard, that I'm gonna get Windows 10 Pro installed. Then after I have 10 updated, I'll be doing the drivers & overclocking it. Once that's done, I'm gonna copy 10's product key, put Windows 7 drivers on a flash drive and clean install 7 Pro atleast, until Edge supports extensions for everyone. I'll reinstall 10 when Adblock Plus, Web of Trust and my password manager works in Edge. Until that time Edge is useless to me and now Microsoft won't let you make IE 11 the default browser in a clean install of 10.
I know, I can make Chrome or Firefox as default, but that adds headaches with 10.
I've noticed enough little 10 bugs and Microsoft is more interested in adding new features first, that add even more bugs, before fixing 10's pre-existing bugs first.
It's dumb if you think about it. Say the Music app skips songs when you try to play a cd stored on your hard drive or ssd. We'll add a new feature to the Photos app and ignore the bug we know is in Groove.
We only care if someone buys music from our store.
Same thing with Movies & TV, it should be called Movies & TV Store, as we can't use a tv tuner with it to watch or record tv. They expect us to pay to download whatever tv or movie, we want to watch, when most of us already paid our cable/satellite providers, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon for. Why would we want to pay again for the same thing ???

I know, I can make Chrome or Firefox as default, but that adds headaches with 10.
Really? I've used Chrome since Win 10 was released and apart from some early teething issues it runs fine or at least has done so for me.

No you misunderstood what I meant or I worded it wrong. Microsoft doesn't like it's competitors browsers being the default one. I use Firefox & Chrome way more than IE or Edge. In my opinion Edge sucks right now. No addons if you're not on a Insider/Beta build is b.s.
Then they update their apps for Insiders, but us regular non-beta users wait forever for them to fix their app's.
The Photos app and Mail app's are the worst one's I've noticed in Windows 10.
The Photos app will scan your photos fast in one update, say 2-3 minutes, Then the next update it get's will take 3+ hours to do the same thing.
On the Mail app in 10, they took it's best feature away that Windows 8 & 8.1 has. In 10 there's no box at the top that you can click on to delete numerous emails with 2 click's. Instead and I'll use Gmail, as a example. If you use Gmail, you have Inbox and All Mail. A lot of times you'll have duplicates of the same email in each. It's a huge pain in the ass deleted 35+ emails from Deleted or Trash one at a time. It isn't productive either, as your wasting extra time doing it one by one. They haven't seemed to realize in 10, that we can scroll down threw our email and make sure we're not deleting anything we don't want to and uncheck that item, like we did in Windows 8 & 8.1.
Personally, it cracks me up, when they can't figure out why other developers have stopped writing app's for Windows. They see these same bugs, as we do, notice Microsoft is more interested in new features and not fixing previous bugs first. That only adds more bugs and loses customers.
Think about this one to. Where would you rather get a pc game from ? The Windows Store,with limited game settings in the game options or Steam, Origin and Uplay, with full game options in the game's settings?

I would have to think long and hard before I bought anything, let alone a game, from the store. I stopped using Windows mail simply because i use Outlook and having two lots of the same messages gets a little wearing after a while. (and I use Gmail too lol)
I've been reading about the poor quality game options one gets with a game purchased through the Store although Microsoft have said things will slowly improve.... We'll see I guess.

I stopped using Outlook since they released 2013. It now doesn't show all the folders for a Gmail account. I'd have to go into the Mail app to see them. I saw no reason to use both. The Mail app was ok in my opinion, until they released 10.

I finally felt good enough today to get my 2 Corsair AF 140 fans in my new case and hook the cases sata cable for it's lighting up. Now all I need is a working motherboard. That I'll have within 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom