Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Now, I just need to order the new motherboard next week. Pull the old motherboard out and put the new one in.

So are they sending you the old board back and if so is there any hope of rescuing it? Perhaps the pins can be bent back?

I have it. They never gave me a rma, just bullshit emails.
I've heard recently on their forums, how their support is non-existant, now I know it to be true.

I don't know how to do it. I won't send it to them to fix. Eveyones complained about their parts coming back filthy & broken due to them not returning it back how you sent it to them.

Here you go... Some video's on how to repair bent pins. You might need a magnifying glass:

I can't see good enough now to attempt fixing 14 bent pins. That's the main reason for building the new pc. Medicare doesn't cover glasses and mine went bad last year. I'm legally blind without them. This pc, when I sell it, is getting me my new glasses.

I can't see good enough now to attempt fixing 14 bent pins.
Maybe your buddy, who originally found them, would help?

Yeah I wear glasses too and they can be a pain in the ass but it beats not being able to see properly so..... ;)

As of Monday, he's moved out of state.
PC shop's in my area are worthless.
That's the whole reason I learned to put motherboards in.
A few years ago, there was a flood in my area. My pc was running a virus scan. When I attempted to turn off my surge suppressor before water got to it, I got electrocuted and it fried my motherboard. The shop I took it too, stole my case, half my ram and tv tuner.
The motherboard they put in it went bad after 1 month. When I took it back for them to replace it, they had it for over a week and then told me I had to contact the motherboard manufacturer to get the motherboard they sold me and put in my pc, replaced.
Never again will a pc of mine go to a computer shop.

Last edited:
It's beginning to make me think that I'm gonna need to get another Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard over the Gigabyte one.
As I'm on my own on this one getting the cpu in.
The newer Asus Z170 motherboards have one thing that comes with them that the other companies don't have.
They have a cpu installation tool, you put the cpu in and then install it on the motherboard. The boards cpu header has a space in each outer corner, that the cpu installation tool snaps into.
Here's a YouTube video link on it.

Good idea! Shame they don't come up with something that will automatically straighten bent pins too..

I just noticed something. Asus now includes SteamOS on its driver disk. That's good for me as I don't like 2 of the Windows 10 Anniversary updates feature losses.
Sorry Microsoft, but I can't fit all the program's I use to the taskbar. I use the All apps in the start menu frequently. I also use my user folder that's been pinned to the taskbar since Windows Vista.
Take both away and SteamOS here I come.

Back